Fishing with the Famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
As you know, I'm 'lucky' and find myself fishing with people who are well known in Angling circles.

Darryl and I went to the PAD match on Tuesday 10th and found it a 3 cornered match between Notts AA, Kingfisher (another small club for the disabled) and ourselves.
We did no good, match won by a Kingfisher guy and helper from the hot peg, but it was interesting to meet the guy who runs Kingfisher.

It was Terry Porter, Jan Porters dad.

Jan Porter has an article on Page 30 of Septembers issue Improve Your Course Fishing.
Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev paw_prints_e0.gif Enough! I'm off!

Edited by - Ziptrev on 11 September 2002 1:41:07 PM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whoops sorry Trev
, I saw the title and thought you mean't me this coming Sunday
, lol

Some people have all the luck...

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Trev, whatever next,tea with Bob Nudds MUM! {LOL}

teepee.

n/a2

deleted
Originally posted by Ziptrev

As you know, I'm 'lucky' and find myself fishing with people who are well known in Angling circles.
It was Terry Porter, Jan Porters dad.

Zippy, so you think Terry Porter is famous do you? That would tickle him to death as he is such a modest chap. I worked with Terry for many years when I lived in England and he's a grand fellow. I took Jan fishing when he was a young'un. I knew he was going to be a good'un even then but didn't know he was going to be that good! When on vacation I used to call in at the tackle shop in Hucknall that first Terry ran and later, Jan, to stock up with Brit tackle to bring back to the USA. I always enjoyed talking to Terry about the good times we had shared and picking Jan's brains about the latest method in vogue. Do you know how I can get in touch with either of them?

Hillbilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.