Fishing venue

Stott

Hi members, I have recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I would like advice on a holiday / fishing break for myself partner and small dog. I live in Glasgow and have recently returned to coarse fishing after many years of flyfishing. Distance is no problem Uk only. I have gear to meet most or all technics and want to fish for carp/ F1’s and silvers. Your advice would be much appreciated.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Woodlands at Carlton Miniott, Thirsk. Not a million miles from you. They have chalets now I believe. Nice place and nice people. There's Lindolme lakes, Doncaster if that takes your fancy. Neil is very accommodating. Unless you want to travel further South ?

Reuben

Site Supporter
Hi mate, have a look at Barmston Farm in Woodmansey near Beverley. A mixture of static caravans & cottages with a cracking lake for residents only. I stayed there a few times & it’s an excellent spot. Another is Froghall Fisheries near Louth in Lincolnshire. Another very nice spot that has some cabins & 2 lakes with it’s own tackle shop. Both accept dogs as far as I know.

Stott

Hi mate, have a look at Barmston Farm in Woodmansey near Beverley. A mixture of static caravans & cottages with a cracking lake for residents only. I stayed there a few times & it’s an excellent spot. Another is Froghall Fisheries near Louth in Lincolnshire. Another very nice spot that has some cabins & 2 lakes with it’s own tackle shop. Both accept dogs as far as I know.
Cheers bud will have look

Simon R

Site Supporter
Lots of caravan parks with onsite lakes in the Skegness area - and loads more day-ticket waters a short drive away.

Tend to find more caravans that will accept dogs as compared to lodges or cottages - at least that's what I've found this year as our usual dog/house sitters aren't available so we're gonna have to take the little terror with us.:rolleyes:

Simon

Stott

Hi members, I have recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I would like advice on a holiday / fishing break for myself partner and small dog. I live in Glasgow and have recently returned to coarse fishing after many years of flyfishing. Distance is no problem Uk only. I have gear to meet most or all technics and want to fish for carp/ F1’s and silvers. Your advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks folks for your replies. I bit the bullet and decided on Whiteacres in Cornwall. Never been to that part of the world and hopefully it will fit the bill. Sand sea and carp etc. On pole, feeder, and pellet waggler. Will let you know how I got on. Going end of June ?

Reuben

Site Supporter
Enjoy. Never been to Whiteacres but heard good things about it. Been to Anglers Paradise in Devon a couple of times years ago & it was a great break.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Westwood Lakes in Boston, Lincolnshire. We go there for two separate weeks every year. Seven lakes cover all requirements and they have really nice log cabins which are pretty luxurious with hot tubs and stuff. Worth visiting their website.