Fishing vehicle

OneLastChuck

Site Supporter
I'd say stick to what you know with Vauxhall.

A Zafira is a perfectly good fishing wagon.
Yeah I did think about an old zafira. Pretty cheap to pick up. Sure I saw somewhere that someone can push their trolley in to one loaded with ramps. Not sure how true it is but that would definitely be something I considered.

Thanks again all. Some brilliant suggestions and I will have a look at them 👍

pies

Site Supporter
From memory the Zafira was a bit short so rods came into drivers area. Better of with either a large estate or van

The skoda used to have about a 4” lip im boot so you couldnt drag grear out you had to lift it. Worth bearing in mind if you have a heavy seatbox

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have a 7 seat Zafira , the two rear seats stay under the floor pan , I fold the other rear seats forward, I can the get a two wheeled space shuttle along the left hand side if I take the front bracket off that holds Inception box in place .
The seat box goes down the right hand side against fold down seats, carryall and net bag behind seat box, pole rollers etc in shuttle bag , monster hard case holdall down the centre . It ends up between the front seats and boot lid , doesn't impede gear change or getting stuff out of centre console .

Rich123

I've a Citroen Berlingo, takes all I need and more. Comfortable, and very economical, VERY if you drive steady.

90sGear

Site Supporter
I was looking for a van in lockdown really struggled ended up with a Vauxhall Combo life which is their car version of a small van with rear seats that fold down flat. Got a secondhand one year old very good price and so far it’s been excellent. Went for a petrol as don’t do many miles and it comes fully specked.

Corn Master

Definitely look at Octavia / Superb Estates - even Insignia estate. The VW caddy comes in a few models too with sliding or open back doors and drives like a golf etc
Citroen Belingo / smaller MPVS worth a look and pretty cheap too :)
That's probably because of the Golf engine 😉
No seriously, great little van. Used to wheel all my gear in and out of my Caddy

Don’tTellEmYourName

I’ve seen what I think was a Caddy that had been converted for wheelchair access through rear doors. The rear floor seemed to drop down. Anyway that would be handy for shoving the trolley in. Probably quite a difference in price though.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Hyundai i40 estate, loads of space.

Attachments

• 20220929_140522.jpg
    20220929_140522.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 31

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
2009 Mondeo hatchback. Takes all the tackle I need and a pals also. when needed.

I've a 2.2 diesel with 300,00 miles on the clock and it does 45 to 49 per gallon.

Keep thinking about a van but the Mondeo keeps going

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hilux Pickup is my vehicle of choice - work and fishing wagon, not too untidy to use for pleasure and leisure, guaranteed to get me there and back, even more so with the newish AT tyres on it ;)
The only issue I did have with this one is my pole holdall was always a tight fit in the back, it had to be put in just at the right angles to fit diagonally in the tub/canopy. This was solved with a MAP hardcase, no problems now

Tristar

Site Supporter
Honda FRV, I've got one and love it. I do like old Honda's. Honda stopped making them in 09 but there are still some good ones out there. It's a 6 seater with a good boot. The rear seats fold flat so ideal for my tackle. Plus it's nearly as wide as a tranny, brilliant family car.

The 1.8 petrol VTEC is the best engine but I settled for the 2.2 TD with no DPF, torquey and reliable.