Fishing tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboboy

Site Supporter
Going to put my new Drennan Puddle Chucker Feeder Rod through its paces.

Got Corn Pellets Paloni S Pellets.

Pellet Method feeder the planned attack.

Im a tad excited!

Of to Portland in Newark on Big Pond!!

AndyRathbone

hope it goes well mate, ive got a couple of puddlechuckers, they're great rods, cant fault the action or the price!

Luckyphil

Have a good day, don't make the same mistake I made last week fishing dampened pellet on the mthod feeder. Made up a days worth of pellets in one go .... it was a hot day so they were drying out much quicker than I could use them. Just make up enough for an hour or two and more when reqd. I used a 50/50 mix of 1mm + 3mm pellets. Luck to you.[:T]

baboboy

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Luckyphil

Have a good day, don't make the same mistake I made last week fishing dampened pellet on the mthod feeder. Made up a days worth of pellets in one go .... it was a hot day so they were drying out much quicker than I could use them. Just make up enough for an hour or two and more when reqd. I used a 50/50 mix of 1mm + 3mm pellets. Luck to you.[:T]

Thanks for this. Yeah I will do that supposed to be quite warm tomorrow.

zenith20

Originally posted by jonesr

You'll find sunscreen very useful[8D][8D]

I'm agreeing with jonesr! lol. Have fun and have a great day! Don't forget as well as your pellets drying out so will your groundbait! Keep it covered with a damp cloth. I find this helps for me!

All the best!

batman

a bait brolly is beginning to make sense to me.............oh dear.

waggman

Hi Baboboy

How did you get on at portlands, i am on main lake saturday in a clubby, any info on methods and baits would be great.

Regards Dave

baboboy

Site Supporter
Originally posted by waggman

Hi Baboboy

How did you get on at portlands, i am on main lake saturday in a clubby, any info on methods and baits would be great.

Regards Dave

Sorry for delay I didn't get chance to log on this weekend. I fished to the smaller of the 2 islands. Had about 16 carp and a few skimmers. Fished hair rigged meat. Got there for about 7:15 had a bit a chuck til about 9.30 when it slowed down due to the heat. Left at 1.00. Had a good time the rod is an absolute dream and the reel was lovely to.

waggman

Thanks for the reply baboboy.

Had our clubby on saturday, i drew peg 8 behind the island but due to the heat it did'nt fish that well.

I wieghted 32lb and it was good enough for the win, but alot of good anglers struggled and ended up fishing for the silver fish.

I fished the bomb/ pellet upto the island for a mixed bag of silvers and carp and then had 3 lumps down the margins in the last couple of hours.

Must say this is a great venue, with a good mix of lakes to fish.The owners were very helpfull and the club house was spot on for breakfast and a pint after the match.

Thanks again Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.