Fishing to be allowed during England’s national lockdown – Angling Trust announcement

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
i've sacked it off bud till the end of Feb.
The way the weathers looking i think it could be at at least start of February for me as well 👍🏻

I have never fished a carp match, but in winter we have a lot of silvers only matches, as the carp tend not to ‘wreck’ them. Some of the best perch catches are made in the colder weather, roach and skimmers will feed in it and some of the best days can be had when breaking the ice.

From the end of Jan last year.....

Good read that 👍🏻 I think I’ve fished for silvers in the proper winter (not November like some people call winter 😉) probably the equivalent of once in year in the last 5 years with 3 of those in one year when we had that warm February. It’s just so rare the conditions line up for them in the winter in the rivers 😢. It’s mostly silvers in the summer and autumn for me then chub in the winter (aside from freak warm spells of course) as they are the only things daft enough to fall for my shoddy winter fishing ability 😅

PS by carp matches I meant matches where you need carp to win rather than can only count carp 👍🏻

CarpCatcher86

CC - Will you be going fishing or will you just try to get bites on here ;) ?
I will be going fishing within reason. There are a few waters I fish on a regular basis that hardly see any anglers at the best of times.
I know you and many others may see my previous comment simply as a way for me to wind people up or get a rise out of certain people, but I can assure you and others it wasn't/isn't. Take any activity you really like, you are told you can't do it and you then complain about it. Then you get told you can partake in that activity again, and instead of doing it you continue to complain, either about the same thing or something different this time.
It doesn't make sense does it? But that is exactly what people are doing.

smiffy

Site Supporter
I think most people have been pretty consistent. I don’t see many complaining about a ban then the same when fishing is allowed. Just two different viewpoints🤷‍♂️.
My missus is one of the extremely vulnerable category so I’m limited in what I can do anyway. But my view, and I don’t know how many share the same view, is that of Chris Witty this morning. “Just because you’re allowed to do something, doesn’t mean you should” and “ is it really necessary?”

My missus is really scared by this. Doffs cap at all those NHS workers at this time👏👏

tincatim

Site Supporter
Oh wow! How have I only just seen this! That’s excellent news, so many of us rely on fishing to provide a release from the stresses and strains of life. Fill your boots guys but stay safe.

Lenngend84

How many miles would people class as local I live central Solihull and have a few fishing spots around me but they are all around the 5 mile mark apart from Blythe waters but I won’t go there 😬if you know you know

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
5 miles from home is fine. There's no specific measured distance, just to use common sense and fish local
I travelled about 10 as one water is closed by me and the other waters well up on the other . Felt guilty but i ordered bait online ,already had fuel from months ago so no garage for fuel .

Paul.P

Looking on facebook it seems folk are travelling from Kettering to peterborough so can't see 5miles being a problem. This is the same well known fishery as i mentioned before when a guy from Oakham was crossing 3 counties to get there, seems money is the only object with some of the commercial fisheries nowadays.

2ts

Site Supporter
I note that only the last four posts on this subject have been made since January 11th,
There is no legal definition of "local" in the Covid regulations,this was discussed in Parliament January 12th 2021,and no conclusion was reached,more important was the message to maintain social distance with others.
Draw your own conclusions.