Fishing the whip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
Fishing the whip is an area I haven't seriously tried.
Could anyone give me a bit of advice on this method, or point me in the right direction, ie web pages etc.

Terrier. [8D]

You can't beat dipping your waggler!

martin.

Account Locked
hi terrier
whip fishing can be one of the simplist methods there is, best places are on canals & drains i personaly dont go above a 4m whip
Whips can be brought from around 5 for a 4m, the best type of connector is the flick tip connector.
you fish to hand either wagler or pole floats can be used
depending on conditions.
you set the rig up as you wou;ld for wag or polebut have the lenght of rig from tip to 12" above butt so that you could just swing it out & swing the fish staight to hand(depending on size)
if you want any further info let us know what type of water, depth,species your tackling for & we can give more accurate advice but i think the above is the basics to get you started it is mainly for speed fishing & ive had 100+ small fish an hour with this method

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Granville

Good advice from the chaps.
The only thing I would add is that it's best to use pole floats in excess of .5 gram. Wagglers don't really work that well, and I don't think are as sensitive as a well shot pole float....particularly useful if you are fishing for bits.
The text books say use an underarm cast. Never bothered as it is difficult with a light float. I cast like a rod. It gets the float out as far as the whip can take it, and with a light float you don't get the splash.

Regards

100 1 10110 1001 100 10010 11001 1 1110
110 10010 1111 1101 1001 10010 101 1101 1 1110 100

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
Thanks for the advice chaps,
You've come up trumps again.

You can't beat dipping your waggler!

Status
Not open for further replies.