Fishing The Day After A Match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

How does it effect the fishing? My local
commercial had a match today and I plan to fishing tomorow, with all the feed goin in today will they be full up or be more on the feed tomorow? Just wondering.

Thanks.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Could go either way really mate.

You wont know until you try.

You usualy find that commercial fishery fish are used to alot of bait going in, so it shouldnt make much difference.

Last edited:

Fizzgog

One of the venues i fish has this problem, esspecially in the early part of the season
Day after a match it fishes rubbish

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
the club I fish with have matches on a sunday, some of the venues have had matches on the saturday b4 we fish the sunday.some times it's great sometimes it's awful.....just hit and miss.
Not all waters respond well to two matches over two days, depends on how busy they are in the week,can only give it a go.

bluemack

Site Supporter
I find mondays are the worst day to fish with friday being the best.this is only a generalisation,and i suspect does,nt apply so much to commercials,but on heavily fished rivers like the severn and avon i would say forget mondays and tuesdays.Good luck tomo,i,m sure you,ll have a few.

Hatchye

Don't feed before going in with your rig. I tend to find that 10 mins spent with triple maggot or something similar in fishy holes along banksides can usually bring in a few bonus fish....

It might be worth trying this in your main swims as well just to ensure that you don't kill your swim off with your first feed.

pipikins

I've fished our pools the evening after a match and had loads of fish. Depends on individual waters I suppose

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
My local fishery tends to fish really badly the day after a match. I think the problem is the amount of left over ground bait and bait thrown in at the end of the match. Match angler's pease take note.
Bring it home with you or bin it.[:W]

CLOMP

I have never had a problem with this,on one pool I fish, it was matched Saturday and Sunday, I went on the Monday and bagged up, most of the match lads seemed to be on the long pole or tip, so I mainley fished the margins and did very well.

Genus9

I don't think fishing 2 days on the trot would affect the fishery,

Take festivals for example, most are fished Sat, Sun, and Monday and the same pegs are used for the 3 days,

I would think the venue would have to be very small for the fishing to be affected though.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
If you're fishing for carp, it can be better, but with other species I find more often than not it gets worse.

Hatchye

Having fished festivals at Heronbrook in the past, I know that fishing can be as good all through the week, but you have to move away from 'norm' baits and experiment to keep catching.

Once they shy from pellet, then maggots try pellet sized punches of bread if the venue allows it.....[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.