Fishing Suit

Method Man

Evening Gents
I am thinking of buying a fishing two piece suit, jacket and Salopettes, and thinking of either a Preston DF25 or KORUM light weight anyone got either with some feedback? I don't do extreme winter fishing and as I am a short AR----s most winter suits I've tried make me like a Michelin man lol.

Just want something reasonably warm, wind and waterproof comfortable thanks..

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ive had my set of Preston Dry Fish some time and cant rate their gear highly enough. Im ready for some more to be honest. Only through age and wear. Ill be going Preston again. ?

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I've got a Preston jacket and salopettes thingy. Very warm, very dry. I like it. It does make me look like one of those commercial carp catchers though.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I have one of those 'all-in-one' suits. Very well insulated, keeps the rain out, well worth the tenner I paid for it from the car boot sale.

Method Man

Im based in Bedford probably long way from you< as they say being in the right place at the right time, cheers.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I have the Drennan jacket and salopettes (non padded version) Can't fault them.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Get one of these cannot fault it. You cannot beat the price £99 fully seamed, generous cut, reinforced areas, waterproof, well designed. Little if any condensation comfortable all day. Cannot se why anglers are not snapping this suit up. Had mine over a year now, no complaints .

Method Man

Morning oldmanriver thanks for that looks good might well order one is the sizing about right? Price is good I presume it's black? Is it bulky don't really want a suit like a bed quilt lol,

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
MM. Morning, No not bulky at all. It is not lined in any way just like a heavier weight Gore Tex.. I have a XL, 5ft 10in, 40 chest, 34 waist. Not too big for rainy days not too tight for winter fleeces. Very happy with mine. Hope it suits you;)

Method Man

MM. Morning, No not bulky at all. It is not lined in any way just like a heavier weight Gore Tex.. I have a XL, 5ft 10in, 40 chest, 34 waist. Not too big for rainy days not too tight for winter fleeces. Very happy with mine. Hope it suits you;)
Cheers for the info mate.

bigdavewsf

ive just bought a leon grant suit...pity im on crutches for the next 3 months and no chance of trying it out

Method Man

Thank you for your replies, can anyone tell me is the Preston DF 30 is the new version of the DF 25 which I cannot seem to find, I went to Angling Direct today the do the DF30 but it’s £200 tried it on very nice but a tad pricey I thought but that’s Preston anyone got the 30 or know where they have the 25? cheers..

Canal man

Evening Gents
I am thinking of buying a fishing two piece suit, jacket and Salopettes, and thinking of either a Preston DF25 or KORUM light weight anyone got either with some feedback? I don't do extreme winter fishing and as I am a short AR----s most winter suits I've tried make me like a Michelin man lol.

Just want something reasonably warm, wind and waterproof comfortable thanks..
I've got the Preston 2 peace had it 10 years now and still as good keeps me worm and dry