Fishing smells

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

The weirpool I fish is next to a sewage works, I don't think it's that smell down there but the water definitely smells of something. Black Country stream maybe the reason, although I am quite close to the source in the Clent Hills.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Agree that roach and bream slime stinks, roach in particular is really distinct and is just about the only bad thing about roach in my opinion!

Agree hemp has quite a nice smell and some of the sweet and spiced groundbait me can be quite nice. Doesn’t have the effect on me it does on you though haha

Another bad one is squid, washed is bad enough let alone unwashed!

The smell of the water you’re fishing itself is also quite nice.
Don't leave a box of squid in your car overnight to defrost even worse smell had to cut boot carpet to get rid of it when it leaked

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
The worst smell in the world and even Katie Prices Drawers inc is Gone off worms :sick::sick::sick: I dont think even our Albert would Roll in them.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Don't leave a box of squid in your car overnight to defrost even worse smell had to cut boot carpet to get rid of it when it leaked
Funny you mention that did have a leaky squid box incident in my grandads car last year, took weeks to get rid of the smell and it was only a tiny leak!

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
A wet net full of Bream slime drying in the sun. Fishing clothes smelling the same. :D
I'm with you mate, proper smells. I love the smell of old maggots and nets that have dried in the car (genuinely)?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
My favourite Fishing smell and not that he stinks :LOL: Is when i go night fishing with Albert and he snuggles up to me in the Sleeping bag he has what i call a Albert Aroma (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sticky baits Krill boilies, smells like Barbel time ?

Sticky baits Krill boilies, smells like Barbel time ?
Found Barbel fishing leaves a particular smell in my car, not sure if it's the smell of the fish or the bait I use but it's not a bad smell, reminds me of good times.
How is the car pal ? All sorted now ?

corkycat

Landing back into Holyhead, going down to the car deck, getting in the car and getting the stench of roach and bream from my gear, which stays with me with me all the way along the A55, and me saying to myself "What a cracking week I've had".

bettsfan

Sensas 3000 Carp and taken a liking to the aroma of a Mainline Cell Pellet.

How on earth can anyone like the Monster Crab smell, it's vile !!