Fishing smells

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My favourites are the smell of cooked hemp, usually done last minute on the morning before I go. Apparently it’s a laxative and I don’t know whether it’s because it’s morning or the coffee I have but it always seems to help me go before a day on the bank.

Have a couple of couple of bags of Dynamite Baits Big Fish Explosive Caster groundbait, it smells like casters, actually quite a nice smell and reminds me of opening a bag a casters.

Not all fishing smells are bad, Roach and Bream slime I’ve found being the worst. Any smells that you like of different bait you associate with fishing?

rudd

Site Supporter
Mulberry, Strawberry, Tutti fruiti, sensas lake groundbait.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My favourites are the smell of cooked hemp, usually done last minute on the morning before I go. Apparently it’s a laxative and I don’t know whether it’s because it’s morning or the coffee I have but it always seems to help me go before a day on the bank.

Have a couple of couple of bags of Dynamite Baits Big Fish Explosive Caster groundbait, it smells like casters, actually quite a nice smell and reminds me of opening a bag a casters.

Not all fishing smells are bad, Roach and Bream slime I’ve found being the worst. Any smells that you like of different bait you associate with fishing?
Bit too much info there Zerkalo. ??

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'm putting off going to work today and moving some bags of groundbait in the garage reminded me, just got 10kilos of hemp in tubs ready to cook too. :poop::coffee::ROFLMAO:(y)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sticky baits Krill boilies, smells like Barbel time ?

Found Barbel fishing leaves a particular smell in my car, not sure if it's the smell of the fish or the bait I use but it's not a bad smell, reminds me of good times.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Agree that roach and bream slime stinks, roach in particular is really distinct and is just about the only bad thing about roach in my opinion!

Agree hemp has quite a nice smell and some of the sweet and spiced groundbait me can be quite nice. Doesn’t have the effect on me it does on you though haha

Another bad one is squid, washed is bad enough let alone unwashed!

The smell of the water you’re fishing itself is also quite nice.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I don’t recall any nasty smells, and like many additives and groundbaits. One I used to love and not smelt for a long time was VDE River ace groundbait. Lovely stuff, if I was a fish, I would be caught everyday, if that was used.

squimp

Site Supporter
RH wasp grub is lovely (and it works too).

I also like the smell of any butterscotch or maple based flavours, but I really detest Scopex.

The worst of the lot is anything with Butyric acid In it (eg Baitworks ‘Scent from hell’. unfortunately fish love it, particularly in cold water.