Fishing Republic

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Driven past the Darfield shop a couple of times in the last few days and seen a sign up stating the site is for sale or let.

Anybody heard anything about it?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Driven past the Darfield shop a couple of times in the last few days and seen a sign up stating the site is for sale or let.

That's a shocker, wasn't expecting that.

Neskin

Might be moving into their go outdoors location? Thats whats happening here in Milton Keynes.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Neskin - that’s interesting as I read somewhere that angling direct are going to open in MK as well so if fishing republic are staying there in some capacity there will be some pretty direct competition.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
It will be a lot longer drive to a Go Outdoors (only half a mile to Fishing Republic). Nearest Go Outdoors is nearly 12 miles away.

Looks like Tardis Tackle in Birdwell will see a lot more custom.

fishcatcher4

Bet the people in the houses opposite will be glad not to hear car doors slamming.;).

It's not good for parking though.

Neskin

Neskin - that’s interesting as I read somewhere that angling direct are going to open in MK as well so if fishing republic are staying there in some capacity there will be some pretty direct competition.

I've just looked and there is an AD in MK. Didnt even know that :ROFLMAO: Will go and have a look tomorrow on my lunch break as I've never been in an AD store.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Oh it’s open already is it, I may have to pop in next time I’m over that way as I’m also pretty inexperienced with them. Been in the Norwich and wroxham stores once or twice whilst on holiday and popped into the reading one whilst passing through but that’s about it.

Neskin

Oh it’s open already is it, I may have to pop in next time I’m over that way as I’m also pretty inexperienced with them. Been in the Norwich and wroxham stores once or twice whilst on holiday and popped into the reading one whilst passing through but that’s about it.

Apparently so! Another tackle shop in MK that can take my money. Gonna bowl down there today and have a look

Neskin

Alright scratch that it's not open. Or if it is I can't bloody find it! ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It shows on their store locator but beyond that the only internet evidence of it is job pages so guess they are still in the recruitment stage

Neskin

It shows on their store locator but beyond that the only internet evidence of it is job pages so guess they are still in the recruitment stage

The location on their website isnt where the stores going to be, After i posted i managed to find the unit just down the road opposite wickes.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Recently posted on Facebook............

1567089911054.png

FISHING REPUBLIC BARNSLEY

** STARTS FRIDAY 30TH AUG**
RE LOCATION SALE !!!!
PLEASE WATCH FOR FURTHER UPDATES REGARDING NEW PREMISES

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Will their new location be mobility scooter friendly?

:D

dave the fish

Site Supporter

At the MDs pairs weekend at Alders, there were a couple of blokes staying at the same hotel as us in Hockliffe. They were working on fitting alarms to a new fishing shop in Milton Keynes.

PAULMK5

The location on their website isnt where the stores going to be, After i posted i managed to find the unit just down the road opposite wickes.
Is it where maplins used to be,only up the road from me, as i am near furzton so will be better than going into Bletchley for stuff.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Peter Thanks for that mate, surprised I found your comment after all the discussion about a new shop in Milton Keynes, not Barnsley

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well I had to price a job on Dewsbury Road and on the way back called into the new AD At Hunslet. Quite impressive and well set out but so is Bobco and if it ain’t Broke I’m not fixing it ?so unless I’m near AD I will still be faithful to the ones who have looked after me for the last 10 years or more.