Fishing Republic

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Yes you do keep repeating yourself John but that seems to have caused a ripple affect and made you become oblivious to others opinions.

JohnTynan

Originally posted by tedstriker
you seem to have formed your own opinion and will not see any others, to me that's a narrow view but if you actually read my post i do say that i am aware of their issues but that doesn't change MY personal experience which is what people are saying, if you had a good service from a company would you change your opinion of them because of other people having issues you didnt?

basically you are saying that the opinions of the happy/satisfied people on here, and the majority that do not post on social media/forums do not count because it doesn't conform to your experience

I have formed my opinion based on everything I've read. I've read the good reviews. I don't doubt that (lets take FR out of it for a second) even the worst of retailers gets most sales right. It's not a complicated business! It's only usually when things go wrong for a customer (and they do go wrong for all retailers) that they find out how good a business is at customer service. I used to be in the game.

There's this straw man argument on the thread that there are more positive reviews than negative. Nobody disputes that! It's not a valid argument.
Let's take eBay feedback percentages as an example. Anybody who uses eBay (or if you don't look up guides to eBay) will know that you should beware if a seller's feedback percentage is below 90%. A very, very poor eBay seller might have a 70% feedback percentage and probably wouldn't survive.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
You have still missed the basic point though - Feedback is mostly b*******s and means very little.

If 999 people had posted that MDs was s**t but had not ever viewed it and the one person who was a member said it was the best forum ever - would you just bypass it?

matchstickman25

Eh?

The 'strawman' argument as far as I can tell, is being maintained by yourself. And you've got it mixed up to boot. To clarify;

Most people don't post reviews, especially if the experience was positive/uneventful. It is widely accepted in business that negative reviews are over-represented as people are more likely to post following a bad experience (This thread is a case in point).

Your observation on percentages may be more accurate however. But a 10% negative review probably translates into 0.5% of total sales/customers. In the case of a very large company with a large high street presence, it is likely to be considerably less than that even.

Last edited:

matchstickman25

I bet in the olden days people would saw wood faster or perhaps butcher that pig or scrub those gussetts.

Today, they sit at a keyboard with steam coming out of their ears.

Last edited:

JohnTynan

Originally posted by Phoenixicus

You have still missed the basic point though - Feedback is mostly b*******s and means very little.

eBay, one of the biggest retailers of all survives off feedback.

You might make a case that a single user's feedback is b******s. I might agree with you there. Worthless might be a better word. You have to look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

JohnTynan

Originally posted by matchstickman25

Most people don't post reviews, especially if the experience was positive/uneventful. It is widely accepted in business that negative reviews are over-represented as people are more likely to post following a bad experience (This thread is a case in point).

Your observation on percentages may be more accurate however. But a 10% negative review probably translates into 0.5% of total sales/customers. In the case of a very large company with a large high street presence, it is likely to be considerably less than that even.

Granted your numbers are guesswork but I don't or haven't disagreed with any of that.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Personally I think this thread has reached it's end especially as it has gone off at a tangent.

So on that note, I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and hope that those still waiting for satisfaction with regards to their outstanding purchases/refunds have their wishes fulfilled.

[^][:T]