Fishing Republic

nenboy

5 days ago they finally said sorry for their appalling service and have a new box for me ready for delivery ,hurray ! ,today they emailed me asking for my address again !!!!! boo ,new box should be here by easter.

markthemouse

Originally posted by Dave

Originally posted by markthemouse

I just popped into fishing republic to look at tackle and guns magazine but guess what ? YES it was out of stock like half the stuff on the web site.

What on Earth has the availability of a trade magazine within one of their stores got to do with them as a business?
C'mon, lets be fair, I received my copy of T&Gs this morning, fair enough it might have been delivered yesterday as I wasn't at the office, all the same ....
It was meant as a joke dave , sorry , on a serious note I put in another order as my last one was out of stock, now this order is out of stock , different product and I checked it was in stock in main office before I ordered it. its not just me this has happened too tho.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Apparently the wifes order is out for delivery, been picked up by UKMail and is currently languishing in their depot in Leeds!!! I told her thats that then, even if it arrives itll be bloody useless cos nothing good has ever come out of Leeds [}:)]

Fishing Republic have given her two tracking numbers and they should be active tomorrow................Ill believe it when I see it [:C]

F1carp

New to this forum. Just looking and delving in to these Fishing Republic 5 star ratings that keep popping up amongst all the complaints. I have never seen so much spin and propoganda or shall we ay bull****. The 5 star ratings are mainly all fabricated in the last couple of weeks. Note not all, bust most. Just dig into thier profiles and you can put 2 and 2 together, it is not rocket science....
Fishing Republic are the most deceitful tackle company out there.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
So basically you are saying that those who have been happy with FR are lying?
Not a good thing to debut on a forum with.

Who is to say those who are p*****d off don't work for Angling Direct?

Maverick

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

So basically you are saying that those who have been happy with FR are lying?
Not a good thing to debut on a forum with.

Who is to say those who are p*****d off don't work for Angling Direct?

Conspiracy theory! Love it [:)] Perhaps it's Ralph come back to haunt you all [:D]

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
MM25 is ensuring the spirit of the conspiracy theory lives on.
He writes some great posts at times and I never know whether he believes himself or not.

[:D]

rd350lc

Originally posted by F1carp

New to this forum. Just looking and delving in to these Fishing Republic 5 star ratings that keep popping up amongst all the complaints. I have never seen so much spin and propoganda or shall we ay bull****. The 5 star ratings are mainly all fabricated in the last couple of weeks. Note not all, bust most. Just dig into thier profiles and you can put 2 and 2 together, it is not rocket science....
Just to put another perspective on this .
They looked after us very well and the pole I bought on behalf of my dad was a very good deal and they even threw in some freebies too .
Very happy customers that will return

markthemouse

I have used them in the past with no problems, ok some were late , some out of stock but I'm still waiting for a reply to my email. This sale has made them look bad.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mark.
They've offered a lot of stock for sale at nigh on cost price and been bowled over by the demand.

It would be interesting to see how they recover from it because mud does stick and once they resolve all the Black Friday issues they have then got to regain customer confidence.

There is a lot of bad feeling in the tackle trade at the moment. Effectively Black Friday has killed off the profit margins on the run up to Christmas for many.
Customers have not ordered tackle over the November and December months on the run up to Christmas as they used to but instead waited to grab a bargain on Black Friday.
FR flooded the market with the bargains and effectively took away sales from many - misjudgement or clever business?
However on this occasion it has also to some degree backfired as yes they gained sales and many people got bargains, but they've also lost many customers confidences.
The tackle trade will have been adding fuel to the fire, it happens, likewise I bet Angling Direct have been keeping a close eye on it all, maybe popping a dig or two, who knows.

It was said in the trade magazine 'Tackle and Guns' that some tackle shops would have made more profit selling a few pints of maggots at full price than trying to clear out their stock with bargain offers once advertising, wages, etc, had been taken into account.
Sure they have created turnover but turnover doesn't mean profits

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Update: no delivery today, what a surprise! Apparently UKMail lost both packages but not to worry well send them today via UPS. How will you do that if they are lost? Oh sorry,UPS cannot make the collection and delivery so well get UKMail to do it!!!

At this point I suggested my wife contact the company that provided the interest free finance to cancel the arrangement before they took more money from her for non-existent goods ( Theyve already taken a 33 quid deposit). It turns out there was never an agreement for finance with this company, theyd never heard of my wife!!!

Wife contacted her bank,explained the situation and they will refund her money and investigate fraudulent activity by F.R. Hope they throw the book at them and they go down faster than a pie when Dave is hungry [:C]

Please do not order from this shower, they couldnt even lie straight in bed [:(]

sikez2012

Originally posted by devonfisher

Update: no delivery today, what a surprise! Apparently UKMail lost both packages but not to worry well send them today via UPS. How will you do that if they are lost? Oh sorry,UPS cannot make the collection and delivery so well get UKMail to do it!!!

At this point I suggested my wife contact the company that provided the interest free finance to cancel the arrangement before they took more money from her for non-existent goods ( Theyve already taken a 33 quid deposit). It turns out there was never an agreement for finance with this company, theyd never heard of my wife!!!

Wife contacted her bank,explained the situation and they will refund her money and investigate fraudulent activity by F.R. Hope they throw the book at them and they go down faster than a pie when Dave is hungry [:C]

Please do not order from this shower, they couldnt even lie straight in bed [:(]
Well it's gets more interesting as the days pass by, It is though if these issue's raised are proven now getting a little arse nippy into possible and i say this possible if it's correct and proven a criminal matter...i can see a lot more $hit hitting the fan in the coming weeks...Good luck to all involved in either getting refunds or the goods[:T]

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Luckily missus got her deposit refunded by the bank, hope others get what they are owed. The supposed finance company isnt even the one that FR say they use on their website!!! She had an attempted 90 quid theft from her card the day after paying her deposit but the bank declined it and she had to cancel her card. Coincidence???

steveevans9

What a load of Rubbish you dribble nice of you to join and jump on the band waggon so have You just decided to join to give us your valued advice or do you yourself have other motives.

munfy07

steve
Site Supporter
Bandwaggon left ages ago,now it's a juggernaut heading at full Pelt Into the Icy wilderness.

Last edited:

artist

30/03/06 - Mar 2019
In Memoriam

wrong, i gave them 5 stars yesterday and stand by my commendation.

JohnTynan

It's fine to give them 5 stars based on your own experience but it's a very narrow view. Even the worst of companies will get some or even most orders right.

If you were to take advantage of the information provided in this thread and still give them 5 stars then I don't think too many people would value your opinion too highly in the future.

Last edited:

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
Got a refund from the PayPal case I opened, no contact from Fishing Republic since the return label was emailed to me about 2 weeks ago to send back the wrong rod that they sent. The rod I should have had is still showing in stock and was hoping they would have sent it out to me.

They did not at any point respond to the PayPal case so it eventually was ruled in my favor, a lot of time and effort was wasted trying to contact them, I gave up in the end!

Last edited:

JLK

I had a few issues with an order for less than a 100 with Fr in the black Friday sales that I'd rate at about 2/5 on a customer service level. Maybe even 1/5.

Having said this I also feel you have to have a bit of patience and decorum in situations like this and accept that buying online doesn't always go to plan.

Anyway. To cut a long story short I got given a 20% discount code for all the hassle I'd had, to use on anything in stock on their website.

So I bought a flagship pole...used the 20% off code and saved 440 and got my original order that failed the first time thrown in for free. Pole turned up today so its a win win for me and 5/5 rating for the fact they honoured the deal even though Im pretty sure it was a mistake on their part allowing the sale to go through with 20% off.

[:T]

Last edited: