Fishing Republic

Stuart4564

Just checked on fishing republic eBay and the item they refunded me today is still available a bit more expensive than on there web site, so maybe they want me to buy it off eBay just so they can make a bit more money out of people [:T]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
More likely than not including eBay's fees in with the asking price as most sellers do

Add this one to the conspiracy theories lol

Stuart4564

Originally posted by TYNEFISHER

Well, the items I ordered arrived this morning, almost three weeks to the day after ordering. Refused & on it's way back to Rotherham.

FR certainly did see my emails & I have two acknowledgements (I emailed them every day demanding my refund) that I had cancelled my order on 07/12/17 & they would refund me. I also informed them that I had sourced the items elsewhere & under no circumstances were they to despatch it. It is clear they have done just what they wanted & not listened to their customer which after advertising goods as 'in stock & despatch in 1-3 days' makes them look even worse. They must have thought I was kidding!

Whilst some can accept waiting three weeks as a customer I chose not to which is my right. If I had been made clear that there would be a three week wait for goods I would not have ordered with them. A clear misrepresentation of the facts. Compounded by the terrible customer service I choose to cancel, within the 'cooling off' period after purchasing goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. I will get a refund ........... but if it's anything like my experience of ordering from them it's not going to be easy!
[:D]

Stuart4564

I understand they add some for eBay fees but to refund me for an item from part of my orderI bought on there web site with no explanation and see they still have stock is baffling to say the least, I wont buy it off eBay from them as every where else are around the same price [:W]

gazmat

I initially bought some Pole Rollers from FR in the Black Friday sale, all turned up after a couple of days, but also ordered a Daiwa Tournament 500 beatbox, after the mess that had incurred after reading the the comments on here, I cancelled the box after 2 days of purchasing via Ebay and paying wisely on the credit card, I initially got a response from FR saying they acknowledged my message and would refund within 2 day.....guess what!!!...had to open a case, and eventually got refunded Friday.

will question myself if I ever have to order from them again....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Half way down the previous page...
https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/199823&whichpage=13

Breac

I already have a rule to buy from a proper shop if they are within 10% of the online price, from now on i have added another rule, never again from FR even if it is 50% off.

Dave could you put this thread on a sticky so new members are not suckered by FR.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not without putting my head on a chopping block, and even though it's not the prettiest head I'm quite attached to it [:D]

Breac

Ok Dave, fair enough.
We will just have to take turns giving it a bump every now and again, assumng the complaints slow down.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Breac

We will just have to take turns giving it a bump every now and again, assumng the complaints slow down.

Breac, that would be the easy way to get the thread locked.

Having had a read through, this thread refers to just 13 posters complaints arising from Fishing Republics Black Friday Sale. While I have every sympathy for the problems these posters have encountered, given the amount of orders that were probably placed over the sale period a number of hiccups were regretably bound to occur.

This in no way exonerates Fishing Republic from blame and it's to be hoped that their Management and Staff learn from these mistakes and implement changes to avoid these where possible in the future.

However there were actually more posters on this thread posting positive comments about their online dealings with FR during their sale so there would be no justification in warning people not to be "suckered" by FR as you put it.

TYNEFISHER

FYI.

Despite their 'apology' still not answering their phones & I'm still waiting for a refund from 7th December. No excuses for such poor customer service. Utter garbage! [:(!]

Soprano

Account Closed
Well I ordered a rod well before black Friday on the 12th November which never turned up despite numerous phone calls and emails. Eventually I had to go through my card company and on Wednesday I was fully refunded. Today my rod has turned up so what do I do with it?

mark67

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Soprano

Well I ordered a rod well before black Friday on the 12th November which never turned up despite numerous phone calls and emails. Eventually I had to go through my card company and on Wednesday I was fully refunded. Today my rod has turned up so what do I do with it?

keep it

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Well Soprano
I would say delete your post and keep quiet and see what happens.
Mark has blown that idea though
[:D][:D]

Moral dilemma time for you.
Keep it wrapped and see what happens for a few months would be an option

Soprano

Account Closed
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

Well Soprano
I would say delete your post and keep quiet and see what happens.
Mark has blown that idea though
[:D][:D]

Moral dilemma time for you.
Keep it wrapped and see what happens for a few months would be an option
They don't know who I am [:T]

david white

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Soprano

Legally I guess if you keep the rod it may be theft, morally I'd have thought your best option would be to contact FR ( no mean feat in itself if you follow this thread !! ) explain the situation and offer to let them arrange to collect the rod back from you AT A TIME THAT SUITS YOU in all honesty I can't see them bothering but at least you have a record stating that you allow them to rectify their mistake, can't be theft anymore IMHO

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
All depends if you have an Amazon Alexa or not.
If so apparently it will even know what you are having for tea on Thursday
[:)]

richard83

Site Supporter
Id email FR informing them that you have now received the rod and that if they want it returning they have 14 days to inform
You how to go about it. When you hear nothing from them leave it at that. Its in your possession then use it. Or give it to charity