Fishing Republic

Maverick

Site Supporter
There was a recent thread regarding Black Friday sales where a member mentioned the problems Fishing Republic are having.

Someone from the company came onto the forum to inform members that all was well.

I purchased an item from them on the Thursday 23rd through ebay as it was the same price as on their website in the Black Friday sales.

When it hadnt arrived yesterday (Weds 28th) (ebays est time of delivery)

I dropped them a message asking if they could confirm it had been dispatched as there was no dispatch notice issued through ebay. I also asked them if they could provide me with a tracking number so that I could see when to expect delivery.

I received the following message from them. :

Thank you for getting in touch.

We aim to despatch all online orders within 1-3 working Days from Order. This means that orders placed on a Saturday or Sunday will be despatched between Monday & Wednesday.
Order totals under 9 will be delivered via Royal Mail.
Orders totals over 9 will be delivered via UK Mail.

If your order has not arrived within 5 working days please reply to this message or call us on 01709724700

I replied with the following:

The ebay listing stated 1 day dispatch time and was over 9 so its coming via UK Mail then.
Can you provide me with the tracking number so I will know when to expect delivery please.

This morning I received this:

Sorry we did have some delays getting your item in from one of our other branches but we will try and send it out to you as soon as possible.

The item is still offered for sale on ebay and I can visit their website and select to buy as many of these as I like and they will quite happily take my money.

It appears they are advertising items for sale that they dont even have, and their negative feedback on ebay appears to confirm this.

I have asked for a full refund.

matchstickman25

Ive had this from another big retailer this week. Like fr, their stock must be spread between different stores. Yes, in stock but can see how it may be delayed particularly during this busy period. I've heard this happen at other big retailers too so not uncommon. One of those things I guess

Last edited:

david white

Site Supporter
I bought an item direct from FR on the Friday and also received the same email as the OP which implies I need to wait 5 working days
time will tell !!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's about standard practice for all big companies trading on ebay, effectively they list their stock to sell but it might not necessarily be held in one location.
It would need a massive outlay of capital to have stock sat around in a warehouse waiting just in case someone ordered it. However if stores a, b & c have it, then it can still be advertised and dispatched once stock has transferred

david white

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Dave

That's about standard practice for all big companies trading on ebay, effectively they list their stock to sell but it might not necessarily be held in one location.
It would need a massive outlay of capital to have stock sat around in a warehouse waiting just in case someone ordered it. However if stores a, b & c have it, then it can still be advertised and dispatched once stock has transferred

Dave
If a retailer has stock at more than one location yet offers it for sale why would they transfer from their own storage location to their own selling location only to be then transported to the buyer ?
I'd be more inclined to deduce that either a large amount of stock has be sold in a short space of time hence not enough despatch staff to cope OR the items sold were actually ordered from the manufacturer after the sales order

maybe [:D]

dumdum

Originally posted by david white

Originally posted by Dave

Dave
If a retailer has stock at more than one location yet offers it for sale why would they transfer from their own storage location to their own selling location only to be then transported to the buyer ?
I'd be more inclined to deduce that either a large amount of stock has be sold in a short space of time hence not enough despatch staff to cope OR the items sold were actually ordered from the manufacturer after the sales order

maybe [:D]

Who says its a storage location and not another shop where the item was for sale in its own right and all the mail order goes from one central main office or shop, that would make incredible business sense as they will have daily deliverys and can therefore also have daily returns, at the end of the day the item was probably cheaper than anywhere else so I personally dont care if it takes a few extra days to come being perfectly honest, if I needed something ASAP next day or something I would ring the shop up and check they had it in stock (if not I dont care) [:T]

Although from experience I have had dealings with fishing republic and unless they were the only retailer with a certain thing Id never buy off them again, bobco get my business from now on [8D]

Last edited:

sikez2012

Yes have to agree i never buy of FR sold goods they never had and never used again including their sales on ebay.

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
I have had no problem with FR, what I can see in the past when ever these special offers on there is always someone who is not happy at the way they have been treated by one company or another.
I have bought items from other tackle dealers not only FR, but it seems to me that its knock FR time

Simon R

Site Supporter
Ordered a reel from them on Sunday and it arrived today[:T]

Quite happy with that [:D]

Simon

rookery54

I had the reverse I ordered a pole from FR
I contacted them and asked if they could deliver at a later date told no but when I received tracking number I would be able to change dates
I did receive tracking number after UK mail had attempted to deliver

I've not seen pole yet as it's been delivered to a neighbour and I'm not home till next week#128512;

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
Ive only used them once in the Black Friday sale. I bought an Acolyte plus for 132 which was delivered the next day so I cant complain!

rd350lc

I ordered a pole on Saturday from them and was concerned that I had heard nothing about delivery up until today so I thought I would give them a ring , but found the phone a waste of time as it constantly went onto a message about them being busy so I emailed them and got the similar message about stock being transferred .

I am still hopeful of the goods arriving , but it has left me a little worried that there is going to be some sort of problem.

It seems from reading others experiences that it is commonplace for large companies to trade like this and something we should expect with buying online .

I hope I'm back on here by the weekend singing FR's praise

Maverick

Site Supporter
Originally posted by cockneybob

I have had no problem with FR, what I can see in the past when ever these special offers on there is always someone who is not happy at the way they have been treated by one company or another.
I have bought items from other tackle dealers not only FR, but it seems to me that its knock FR time

It's not about knocking FR. To say they sometimes get it right but fail a lot of the time and leave customers frustrated & unhappy is unacceptable.

To sell an item you should have it to sell and not mislead buyers with fake dispatch times.

Have a read of their own flippant replies to negative comments left for them on ebay.

When was the last time you heard folk knocking Bobco? You dont because they offer a top notch service as do many others I could mention.

I'm pleased you received your item without any problems just as others have done, but that doesn't excuse their failures in letting other customers down.

I would like nothing better than to be singing their praises as I have done for Bobco and Angling Direct from whom i've always received excellent service. Alas I cannot.

Last edited:

sikez2012

It's not knock a company time, If the service was or has been $hite because items are sold they don't have in stock or delivery comes and goes and you still know nothing why should it not be said, The same as if it was another company(used Angling Direct many times and been spot on even a replacement issued with no fuss) and i got the same service of them. It's one of those i think is hit and miss..It's like you can't question where your order is or gain exact shipping info to some folk on here or you shouldn't say anything it's not the right way... sod that load of old cobblers, Sort it out or refund but cut the bull $hit then you end up with more happy customers.[:T][:T]

Last edited:

rd350lc

I must say I had a few issues with a couple of rods I bought through AD but the after sales service was top notch and replacements were sent without question .

Satisfied customer and would use again without question

jasonb

Account Locked
Acolyte plus ordered Saturday arrived today
Preston smock ordered Saturday arrived today drennan hoodie ordered Saturday emailed me Sunday to not in stock and got refund

It was a bad weekend to expect top notch service, first time I've used them and will again

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Ordered Garbolino Multi Tip feeder Arm from FR 9 off 21. on monday , here today no problem.