Fishing Republic milton keynes.

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
Went to get some bait today, only to discover they have closed down. A hand written note on the door said" have relocated to Go outdoors"
Any one know why? Angling Direct are due to open in M.K. next week, could that be the reason?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Popped into the go outdoors at the weekend and there was minimal tackle in there so assume they were making room for the fishing republic stock. Makes sense to have it all in one place I guess especially with a big competitor like angling direct opening up.

Neskin

They were bought out so are moving into the go outdoors premises although Im not sure when the go live date is as they've shut the Stacey Bushes store earlier than they said they were going to.

They stopped doing live bait last week as i went in to get some lobs and mags for the weekend.

Gone Fishin in Wolverton is a cracking shop if you're local to MK.

PAULMK5

I am looking forward to angling direct opening,shame about fishing republic closing, i used to like going there.

JR Hartley

I had a conversation on Monday In a go outdoors near me .... asked why the stock levels were so low and was told that F.R are moving in to all there stores this autumn

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
They were bought out so are moving into the go outdoors premises although Im not sure when the go live date is as they've shut the Stacey Bushes store earlier than they said they were going to.

They stopped doing live bait last week as i went in to get some lobs and mags for the weekend.

Gone Fishin in Wolverton is a cracking shop if you're local to MK.
This .... support a proper tackle shop like gone fishing

Method Man

Morning I did not know about AD opening in MK anyone tell me when they are opening and address please?

Neskin

Went into AD yesterday afternoon on my lunch break.

I've never seen anything like it to be honest, doesnt even really look like a tackle shop :ROFLMAO: Having never been in an AD i was shocked at how much stock they have and how 'posh' it looks.

FR opening up in go outdoors mk shortly so itll be interesting to see how they fare over the next few months.

Method Man

Yes I went in on Saturday at 10am admittedly I should have realised the two items I wanted to look as I was going to order on line were out of stock gutted!!! mind you I did pick up a couple of tips from the bait company guys even though they were all bragging don't skimp on the amount you use on liquid additives, I said to them "you would say that as you don't pay for yours we have to shell out our hard earnt pennies" Lol didn't seem to have a answer to that one..

Boy visits sweet store comes to mind....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Customer told me last week that the FR in Manchester was about to close and were selling the bits and bobs off cheap, the premises will maybe open up as a brothel like next door but one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Policy seems to be to close the rented property they have as the lease expires and move stuff into the nearest Go Outdoors.

vfr400

Customer told me last week that the FR in Manchester was about to close and were selling the bits and bobs off cheap, the premises will maybe open up as a brothel like next door but one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Policy seems to be to close the rented property they have as the lease expires and move stuff into the nearest Go Outdoors.
Yes ken, That's exactly what they did in Kings Lynn closed the store when the lease expired and moved to Go Outdoors in Cambridge

Neskin

Yes I went in on Saturday at 10am admittedly I should have realised the two items I wanted to look as I was going to order on line were out of stock gutted!!! mind you I did pick up a couple of tips from the bait company guys even though they were all bragging don't skimp on the amount you use on liquid additives, I said to them "you would say that as you don't pay for yours we have to shell out our hard earnt pennies" Lol didn't seem to have a answer to that one..

Boy visits sweet store comes to mind....

Saw some of the pictures from Saturday. Looked busy as hell.