Fishing Republic Manchester

Seanm

Site Supporter
Normally I support the local tackle shops with the occasional drop into some of the national brands every now and again but as we got a flyer in the post saying about the grand opening of Fishing Republic’s new store at go outdoors in Manchester with the promise of tutorials, raffles, giveaways and opening offers I thought I would have a look.

Underwhelmed is too nice a word for it, no real special offers, the give always were bottles of water and bags of haribo. Very limited stocks, a 1/3rd of wasn’t even priced up.

Shan’t be going there again for a long while

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
In general fishing republics are not a patch on angling directs let alone decent independents.

Normally I support the local tackle shops with the occasional drop into some of the national brands every now and again but as we got a flyer in the post saying about the grand opening of Fishing Republic’s new store at go outdoors in Manchester with the promise of tutorials, raffles, giveaways and opening offers I thought I would have a look.

Underwhelmed is too nice a word for it, no real special offers, the give always were bottles of water and bags of haribo. Very limited stocks, a 1/3rd of wasn’t even priced up.

Shan’t be going there again for a long while
Hi Sean,

unfortunately there was a breakdown in communication between FR and GO in regards to the opening days.
Initially the 26th was the agreed Grand Opening day, however that was agreed at the start of the process.
Internally, FR agreed that we needed to push the Grand Opening back a week so we could finish, however GO did not adjust the dates on the flyers or emails etc and hence it was advertised as the 26th. (We at FR found out on the 24th Thursday morning)
Yes it was unfortunate as we had cancelled/postponed fishing celebs/guests and all the rest for the 26th, hence they were not there.
We do have follow up events and hopefully Manchester Urabn Exchange store will be shown in a better light.

I can only apologise for the breakdown in communication that resulted in a substandard opening day.

Hope that helps explain the situation.

Seanm

Site Supporter
Hi Richard thanks for taking time to answer.

good luck with the new store

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
New FR store opened last week in Rothrham inside Millets (which i think is Go Outdoors group) at Parkgate Retail World shopping centre, called in for a look round yesterday, same as the OP found it very underwhelming, in and out in 10 mins, not a patch on the one they closed down in September. (n)

New FR store opened last week in Rothrham inside Millets (which i think is Go Outdoors group) at Parkgate Retail World shopping centre, called in for a look round yesterday, same as the OP found it very underwhelming, in and out in 10 mins, not a patch on the one they closed down in September. (n)
Hi,
I'm confused how the old store was better when it had less stock and was smaller and in a worse buidling?
There is 23% more stock lines in the new Rotherham store, we have 20% more floorspace and the same staff (With a few additions)
The new store has more parking, easier to get to and longer opening hours.