fishing on rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggot dangler

i decided to try fishing on a rod a reel having only ever used a pole, anyway i bought a korum precision 11ft float rod and a daiwa whisker 2508 reel, what a great combo. caught plenty of fish on waggler and floating bread at heskin hall, including a gorgeous koi (trying to workout how to upload photo)

anyway i loved playing fish on a rod and line and actually having some control instead of just letting my elastic do the work. the only problem i had was keeping bait on my hook, usually hooker pellets, any tips as to what baits actually stay on the hook?

thanks a lot[:)]

fishhead

toon barmy
The Sonubait S Pellets are pretty good for staying on the hook when casting. They're already prepared so no pumping required. Also if you pump your expanders in geletine they'll stay on a bit better.

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
I was fishing with soft hooker pellets at Lindholme yesterday. I use hooks with a hair and pellet spikes on that, simple and easy to use.

Oh and for uploading pictures see this thread started by Trogg

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/111991

maggot dangler

http://i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b408/turner2210/2010_06182010july0084.jpg

hope this works

greentura

Greenie
it works, nice fish[:T] rod and reel.... you'll be getting a 'pin next[:D]

Last edited:

maggot dangler

just been to get some s pellets and was persuaded to get some soft boilies for when fishing method feeder (yes you heard it here first i will be tring fishing on the tip)[:D]

also gunna try this hair rigging mullarky

thanks for your comments about the koi, it really was a massive suprise, not the biggest of the day but it was a bit different.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Welcome to the grown-up world of REAL fishing !

[:p][}:)]

maggot dangler

i know vipersport, not sure why i do that. not really sure how to hold fish (dont catch many[:C]) how do you hold them for a little piccy?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
playing a fish on a rod and line is so much more pleasing than using a pole, l know the presentation is usually better with a pole, but just holding a stick in the air with the elastic at full stretch does absolutely nothing for me.

fireman sam

cracking koi that, if you copy the last thread under the bucket image the pic will be under you post istead of just the web link.
tight lines

PorkRocker

I much prefer using a rod and reel to using the pole - I can catch just as many fish on rod and reel too. I've got an obsession with fishing the tip at the moment - no better feeling than seeing your rod smash round.

Status
Not open for further replies.