fishing on a monday

stevej

Hi all do many of you go fishing on a Monday after all the match fishing on the Sunday . i have got it in my head that going Monday is just a waste of time with all the bait which has been put in , looking forward to your answers

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
On the commercials we fish, We don't really have much of a choice due to the amount of matches held on them. I've found it very, very venue dependent though, Either that or it could just be a bad-day coincidences when I've gone and not done so well after a match. My general look on the matter is that I'll happily finish a venue after match day though as I don't find it makes a massive amount of difference.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
You could go to work instead. Most commercials are used to constant pressure, it wouldn't put me off.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
On a Bream big lake I fish it's good to fish the day after a match, bailiff tells you which pegs won and hopefully fish are still shoaled there.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have knowingly fished the day after matches a few times and have probably done it more than I know of. I find sometimes you struggle and sometimes you don't but I have no idea if that's partly down to the natural variation of fishing or just the effect of the match. Think places will generally fish better if there hasn't been a match or any big pressure the day before (a day with a load of pleasure anglers isn't that different to a match after all) but as its not always the case it's definitely not a massive factor that ever comes close to putting me off going.

I actually fished a stretch of the Dorset stour yesterday that had a match on the day before. I had I'd guess about 7-8lb and the match was won with 9lb something so the match didn't massively harm it although I do think it would have fished better without that extra pressure.

stevej

looking like I'm going to change my mind set about fishing after the matches on Sundays

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Wouldn't bother me. I may have to adjust my feeding but I would still expect to catch. No matter how much has been fed there will still be hungry fish.

JRW

Site Supporter
I try to avoid Mondays at some venues.

My worst experience was on a local match lake where I regularly get over 100lb and that requires 40 - 50 carp. Owner came around with the day tickets and told me it was fishing very well and 3,500 lb came out during Sundays match. I fished 7.00am until Noon, tried every technique and bait I had with me in those 5 hours and couldn't get a bite. One of the few occasions I went home early.

davej1981

I fished on a Monday after there had been matches both Saturday and Sunday. Found it hard work. However the weather had just changed from nice warm weather to rain and a big drop in temp so i cant say if the match pressure or weather affected it, or maybe it was iust me 😂😂

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
The complex I fish has matches every day, so you’ll always be going after a match..I very often fish the Monday opens, usually on one of the pools that was fished on the Sunday, doesn’t really make any difference

rudd

Site Supporter
One thing abkut mondays.
Usually sunny after a bad weather weekend 😕