Fishing Northwest... Again

nickg

I'm still looking for some nice north west area if anyone can assist?

Ideally looking for carp (not Bradshaw Hall, I dont want a commecommercial fisherie ideally), tench, bream, chubb, etc barbel at a push...

Again i read the angling times article, 'top 15 places to try this winter'. Great if you live in Devon , down south or in Norfolk.

But what about us poor Northern folk?

Dobby1995

I have quite abit. Its local to me. Im in burnley. Nice little lodges and not over run with people. Also check out burnley angling and Todmorden angling. I know you didn't want commercials but cornfield fishery Padiham is amazing

nickg

I have quite abit. Its local to me. Im in burnley. Nice little lodges and not over run with people. Also check out burnley angling and Todmorden angling. I know you didn't want commercials but cornfield fishery Padiham is amazing

Really interesting thanks, I used to work in Burnley so know the area a little. Caught a pike up the canal near Padiham before being approached by some lovely travellers who seemed to have an eye for my tackle...

Does Bootham fish okay in winter?

Id be tempted to chuck a carp rod out and a feeder.

Dobby1995

Really interesting thanks, I used to work in Burnley so know the area a little. Caught a pike up the canal near Padiham before being approached by some lovely travellers who seemed to have an eye for my tackle...

Does Bootham fish okay in winter?

Id be tempted to chuck a carp rod out and a feeder.
Yes carp lads do fish it. You can put a bivvy up if you want to. Fishes oright in the winter. Much like any other lake I suppose. Burnley canal isn't worth fishing anymore. Todmorden canal is though. They stock there's with carp and bream and roach and so on. so can be good fishing in winter. Try cornfields for the carp. Can even get a brew on site. Nothing silly the average 10 to 15lb. And if you get on it in summer. Dog biscuits on the top and you will catch one every 5minutes. Dont fish rising hill fishery. I went in middle of summer. Froze my tits off for a roach. Wasn't happy ( top of a hill very windy)

nickg

Any one else on the rochdale oldham area these days?

Was thinking about joining Rochdale Walton...

Seanm

Site Supporter
Have a look at Whitworth Valley Angling for a Rochdale Club they have a few waters and even a bit of river, Todmorden was also good but was a but Cliquey when I was there many moons ago. Heywood and District have a nice lodge in a mill courtyard which gives it shelter but its their only water. Never tried Walton but they always have decent reports on social media.