fishing line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankjnr

I keep reading people using 0.13, 0.11 line etc. I have no idea what this means ! I use 3lb, 4lb etc. Whats the difference ? [:)] Thanx Frankjnr.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Since the advent of Hi-Tek lines Frank there is a lot of difference in line diameters in different makes and consequently a lot of anglers prefer to buy their lines by the diameter size these days.
To be honest mate a lot of anglers kid theirselves in this as well because its rare for the lines to actually be the diameter they claim when measured on a mic.
By all means use a Hi-Tek line but more than anything else as long as your competent with knots and playing fish then your own confidence is the most important thing with whatever you use regardless of what it costs or claims on the spool.

missabite

A good question. I only state what line i use by diameter. Having used the same line for yonks i know which diameter goes with which elastic.

Amazingly, without going to have a look, i couldn't say what any of the breaking strains are.

The Boss

Thing is if you buy a micrometer you will see that some boxes tell lies because its not the diameter it states on the box anyway. Wouldn't mind betting the breaking strains are nonsense as well. I have yet to figure out this double strength meaning as well. If the breaking strain is 2lb then surely it can't be double strength as that would be 4lb line. Who knows what any of us use could be complete bull.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Since the advent of Hi-Tek lines Frank there is a lot of difference in line diameters in different makes and consequently a lot of anglers prefer to buy their lines by the diameter size these days.
To be honest mate a lot of anglers kid theirselves in this as well because its rare for the lines to actually be the diameter they claim when measured on a mic.
By all means use a Hi-Tek line but more than anything else as long as your competent with knots and playing fish then your own confidence is the most important thing with whatever you use regardless of what it costs or claims on the spool.

Explained Perfectly Barry ;)

crowder

im really glad you asked that because i hate it when it tells you to use 0.11mm line, because the 0.11mm could be 8lb but low diameter, ie, daiw g-line or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.