Fishing life left.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
On the back of your life ------
How much longer of your life do you think you have left to go fishing ?

I'm 66 and hope to fish to about 75 or 80.
So only 9 to 14 years left for these old bones.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
It does get harder the older you get, and I am a young 72.

Arthritis in both hips gets worse in the colder and wetter weather so no fishing for me in the winter, and I tend to only fish where I can park close to my peg as my ailments prevent me carrying gear too far.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I’m 70 and riddled with arthritis and the remains of bomb damage. For years I’ve struggled to the nearest peg with crutches in both hands and all my gear attached to or stuffed inside my chair which is carried rucksack style. It’s got so bad recently that I briefly considered giving it all up! That idea didn’t last long so I bought a golf buggy. All I have to do now is work out how to get it in my van and attach all my gear to it!

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I’m 70 and riddled with arthritis and the remains of bomb damage. For years I’ve struggled to the nearest peg with crutches in both hands and all my gear attached to or stuffed inside my chair which is carried rucksack style. It’s got so bad recently that I briefly considered giving it all up! That idea didn’t last long so I bought a golf buggy. All I have to do now is work out how to get it in my van and attach all my gear to it!
Avoid dairy products drink lots of. Cod liver oil keep away from acidic fruit balsamic vinegar is good try to keep of concrete floors or wear very comfy slippers or shoes ..all these my brother in law has done and he was riddled with arthritis and he is unbelievable better even his doctor couldn't believe the difference in a year...the may be more to his diet so if anyone is interested I will ask him and post on here

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Hopefully another 50 or 60 years, we have an old boy in our club who is 93 and still gets to almost every match, we give him a hand carrying his gear to his peg. He doesn’t ever catch too much but it must be something he looks forward to every week.

superb...well done lads....love this story.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Avoid dairy products drink lots of. Cod liver oil keep away from acidic fruit balsamic vinegar is good try to keep of concrete floors or wear very comfy slippers or shoes ..all these my brother in law has done and he was riddled with arthritis and he is unbelievable better even his doctor couldn't believe the difference in a year...the may be more to his diet so if anyone is interested I will ask him and post on here

I was aware of the cod liver oil thing, but the balsamic vinegar thing is a new one to me. I’ll look into it, thanks for the tip!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I guess how long you can go on for both depends on your physical state and whether you have anyone to go with. My grandad’s 74 this year and is in pretty good health but he still rarely fishes alone anymore and instead usually fishes with me or my uncle or a friend. That obviously means he rarely has too much lug gear around on his own or needs to do anything too physical so he should have a few years left in the tank. Whether I’m lucky enough to be relatively fit and have family to go with at his age would obviously play a big part in how long I could go on. Luckily got quite a while before I have worry about that though!

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I am 66 in a couple of weeks, I hope to have at least 10 years left as long as I take it steady.