Fishing Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
After reading a lot of posts from other angling related sites about the purchase, or not, of fishing licences I thought I would ask if every one on this site (simply the best - "Tina Turner") has bought one.

Just to remind those who have not got theirs yet, a licence can be purchased from any Post Office, or via the Internet (for a surcharge of 25 pence). The licence only costs 21.00 which works out at just under 6 pence a day to fish anywhere in the country.

So do your duty.

GET YOURS NOW

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff,

I haven't bought a licence for the last six years

My mum has always bought me one as a 'standing' birthday pressy. The only problem is I think she is in cahoots with the missus as my b'day isnt until the beginning of May which means I have to spend April DecoratinG

For anyone who wants to buy one on-line there is a link here:
Fishing Licence on-line

Dave

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Got mine a week before the old one ran out just to be sure I did not forget

Dai Fish

norm

got mine tuesday
post office 2 minutes no probs

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Del-J

' Victor '
Was going to get mine on direct debit but it looks like mine was one of many that whent astray and arrived to late,although I sent it of 2weeks before the closing date.
Bloody Consignia, asshole3.gif Sorry if anybody on here works for them.
Whent to the P.O. got it and was in and out in next to no time partyhat.gif DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

yep i get mine every year and the thing that really annoys me is all these kids that think its all right not to hav one. While were paying, their illegally fishing and not paying. Anyway im lucky mines only 5.00 and all the adults hav to pay 21.00 he he he. Im so lucky to be 15. My dad has only just started fishing and he bought a licence on the 29th of march but it was only valid in april he went fishing with me that day, would he be fined if the bailiff checked his licence?.
GET BUYING THEM LICENCES EVERYONE AND DONT FISH ILLEGALLY.

jon

What beats FISHING, ....... er NOTHING

martin.

Account Locked
hi
Goy mine ,my daughters & my nieghbours lat week in march same time every year if i didnt it would be very embarising for a club head bailiff to get caughtwithout a rod licence.

tight lines.
martin.

G

Yes got mine a week before last years ran out,
and worth every penny,rather pay 21 than a fine of

100+. Lets keep it legal go and get your licence.
ANDY

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am so proud of you boys, and girls.

Let us keep this the best and most honest site.

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heres something interesting,

The 25p surcharge is to cover their handling and postage costs. A first class stamp costs 27p. Assuming you have to travel 1mile to the Post Office and a mile back, your car does 30 miles to the gallon, you will use 25p worth of fuel. All in all even the surcharge is good value for money

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got mine last week from the post office,easy peasy in & out in 3 mins.
As an aside the maximun fine for fishing without a valid licence is 2500,but it would seem that the fines being handed out are in the range of 60-100 with costs,surely a few well publicised fines of the full 2500 may be a more salutory lesson,and encourage others to purchase a licence.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Del-J

' Victor '
Good idea that Peter, I'll drink to it anyway.............hic.
Trouble is I can't see any magistrate being brave enough to start the ball rolling.

How do you fancy being a JP Peter?

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Edited by - Del-J on 06 April 2002 11:10:38 PM

G

2.500 its about time it was handed out Peter.
21 or 2.500max i know what i would like to pay 21 any time
I wonder how many legal licence holders are going fishing tomorrow, as opposed to illegal "anglers", sorry i will put that in another way
CHEATS.

Yes people lets keep it legal buy a licence.
Andy

norm

del
you may be right there mate ,
my farther is a magistrate,
but i have never asked him what he would do about fihing licence cheats,
for the bloody sake of 21 a year i can not see why any one would try to cheat.
but you always get one
it is the way of life.
DAVE
i got mine while i was at work at 12.00 oclock , i was on my way back to work at dinner time and i seen a post office so i just popped in.
2 mins thats all i was there no hassle.
just a quick question is the post office only making 25p proffit from each licence
i dont think so.
so do they need that 25p ?.just a thought mate i don`t realy care about 25p but do they realy need to charge it? when they must be getting a lot less from sale from the post office
see ya later
norm

it isint the size of the tiddler that counts

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Norm,

The one thing that I never understood was why the EA decided to stop distributing licences through tackle shops.
The shops didn't make much on the sales but generally managed to sell a few bits at the same time.

Dave

martin.

Account Locked
hi
whats going to happen when a load of post offices shut down which i think they will especally the ones in the villages and you dont have a credit/debit card

tight lines.
martin.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave
the way it was explained to me is.
The problem with the tackle shops selling the licence was the EA had to wait for 6 months to get the money (summat to do with everyones favourite the taxman).

I don't buy a rod licence cos i don't agree with the way the EA think they can come along & waste all that time & money making dead rivers (as the Sow was classed for a few years) good fishing rivers with lovely wild life etc & dealing with all that pollution & other problems related to the water ways, i mean come on what gives them the right to do that??

Last year on april 1st i posted on AN that i didn't buy my licence till september cos then it lasted longer (sept to sept) you'd be amazed how many people replied or mailed me to tell me the licence ran out on 31st march, i ended up having to make another posting asking the others to check the date of my post.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,
I think you'll find that some of the tackle shops used to be a shade tardy in returning the cash and copies of the licences that they had sold which led to the EA looking for a more efficient? way of collecting revenue and collating records of licences sold.

Some of the larger commercials down here in the south east can sell you a licence along with your day ticket.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pete

I've always said that a fishery shouldn't issue day tickets inless you show your licence first.
If you haven't got one then they should add the cost of a 1 day licence to the price of the day ticket & send all the money made to the EA at the end of the month.

I have forgotten my licence a few times but i would gladly pay an extra days licence if it meant being able to fish because i was stupid enough to leave my other one at home.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.