Fishing Licence

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I pay for my licence by direct debit, and normally by this time of year I would have received notification that payment would be made on a certain date.
Occasionally, I have printed out that notification and taken it with me, because the new licence had not arrived by the start of the season.
I know that this is anything but a normal year, but has anyone else had a letter about this?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I think mine arrived at a similar time. Seems a long time ago and it would have been used to light the fire same day probably.

DD goes out in March. I'll worry if it doesn't, not before.

legs230258

Site Supporter
I received an email reminder for my licence renewal a fortnight ago from the Environment agency. Filled the form in, paid my dues, received my licence 3days later. What is strange though is it has minnows on it like last year's licence.

ATTICUS FINCH

I made a right pig's ear of getting my new licence.
I thought my licence ran out on Feb 12 ,so yesterday went online and got a new one , Doh!!!! Checked my supposed old licence , bloody thing runs out in may 😭

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Email them, there's an address on the Gov.EA page and ask if they can adjust the dates. They have people who do that ;)

corkycat

Email them, there's an address on the Gov.EA page and ask if they can adjust the dates. They have people who do that ;)
That's right. They have real people at the end of a phone line or computer. Two years back I made a pig's ear of my application and they phoned me within minutes to point out my mistake and corrected it for me whilst I was on the line.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Here in Germany, we have to renew our fishing licences every five years, having said that, I have never been asked for my licence when fishing here, Holland is a totally different story, but the Dutch are very efficient, I get my Dutch licence sent to me every December for the following year.