fishing in/near selby

Pudster

Hi all,to start with apologies if the questions asked sound simple but I haven't fished for a long time,right to the point of this post I would like to take my cousin fishing and I wondered if the canal is a good place to go or if the Ouse in Selby is any good??thanks in advance for any advice

Nicky Dodds

I live in selby and don't know anyone who fishes the Ouse. Being tidal and having really muddy banks it is too dangerous especially for taking beginners. Selby canal can be good in the summer and even in the winter but at the moment is almost wrecked due to field run off and river water. It's basically the colour of drinking chocolate.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ive had some Great bags of Roach outta the Front lake on the 3 lakes site, Maggot and a 3m whip you will bag up ;)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Had some really good sized 'slabs' out of 3lakes. Tail end of dendro (about half an inch) tipped with single red maggot on the feeder. :D

Last edited:

BeagleRob

Checkout orchard farm in stillingfleet, I’ve fished it on/off for years & last year my sons & I all had a double figure carp to 4 different methods/baits.