Fishing in Gran Canaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Has anyone any ideas what sort of fishing I might find on Gran Canaria as I'm going there for 2 weeks on monday. We are staying at a place called Maspalomas somewhere on the east side of the island and hopefully will manage a day (or 2)

Thanks,

Frank

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Frank,

I went to GC a few years ago for two years running, staying also in Maspalomas.
Around the southern side of the Maspa.. beach there is a rocky area where the locals fish.
Further down at Puerto Rico, you can go out on the charter boats fishing for Tuna and Sharks. It can be hard work though as the skippers also expect you to catch their living
and encourage you to fish for a type of deep water Cod. (I'm not quite sure what they were apart from the fact that they fill up with water when you winch them in which makes it hard work)
In Puerto Rico there is a tackle shop set back in the shopping centre.
I'm not sure about any freshwater lakes though as I didnt find any there but I was told that way up in the mountains there is a couple that have carp in.

Regards, Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Frank,there is definately some carp fishing to be had in the lakes up in the mountains,The best caught by a brit went 39lbs.A couple of the lakes have even been stocked with american bass i belive.

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Terri

Frank, we went there last year and yes there was talk of carp in the mountain lakes. You can hire cars at most places and drive up into the hils but watch out for the banana lorries though as they tear down the roads

Have a nice holiday, Terri

Status
Not open for further replies.