Fishing In France

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey123

i,ve got the chance to fish in France for 1week next summer July/August.I,m after any info the place is at L,etanchet near town of Vitre & the Mayenne river its self catering in a chalet for 4 people.The price seems OK at 500 & it states the fishing is excellent in a 1 acre lake that holds tench, roach,& carp.
I,ve looked at the ferries & portsmouth to st.malo comes out at about 380.anybody got any tips advice they might wish to pass on as this will be my first time to france (for fishing)& the whole package could become quite expensive.

d a pike

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Try www.ferrysavers.com pikey, I have used them several times and they have always come out best on price.

Dave

pikeman

hi pikey,
you seem to be in a similar situation to me.
i have a family holiday booked to brittany in july next year for two weeks.
there are twelve of us going, and nearby are two lakes which hold carp,roach and tench i have been informed.
i know the price of the ferry was a sticking point for us as it was costing more than the actual accomadation but it just seems to be hobsons choice.
its been a while since i was carp fishing so if you have any advice i would be grateful.
as i am the only one of the party that fishes it will be a good form of escape from the kids and inlaws and i plan to do as much fishing as the wife allows.
have a good holiday ,pikeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.