Fishing in cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey123

staying at a place called Tochni on cyprus for 7days in oct.tochni is between larnaka and lemesos approx 10mls from lemesos.
any info on the coarse fishing on cyprus would be apprieciated.
dave.

d a pike

poleroller

Do a search on, google .com for " fishing in cyprus". thers loads of sites with all the info you will need.
I fished near limmassol a couple of years ago an had a cracking day with nearly 100lb of small carp( 4-8 oz ) on a small dam,go to the bigger dams and you will catch the bigger carp.

[:D]

BlythMags

Used to be based in Cyprus, while I was in the army.

I don't remember ever seeing anwhere that had water in to be honest - most rivers and ponds were just dry beds.

Would be interested to find out though?

BlythMags

In October, you might see the first of the rain on the hills.

My guess would be head for Troodos, but I doubt whether you'll have any success.

Still interested, though........

Triturus

Went there about 10 years ago, and had an organised half days fishing on a large res.near Limmasol with a company called Cyprus Angling Holidays. Great fun with carp upto about 4lb

Neil

GAZZA

I DIDNT NO IT WAS GOOD COARSE FISHING IN CYPRUS,I GO IN 12 WEEKS,THANKYOU GOD,MY TACKLE IS COMING WITH ME[8D][8D][8D]

GARY-MELLING

Roppa

Chris Becker who 'was' Cyprus Angling appears to have disapeared, so I doubt if you'll get much help there. A lot of fish in Cyprus were netted because of low water levels a few years ago and put into Polemidhia. If I could only fish one place in the whole of Cyprus thats where I would pick, however, Germasogeia is also worth a look at and both are not far from Limassol. I hope you enjoy your holiday. Check out cyprusanglersassociation@cheerful.com

Status
Not open for further replies.