fishing in clear water

Status
Not open for further replies.

armstrong1

choppy
been to look at a venue and the water is gin clear theres an instant steep drop to about 4ft then a run of weeds and another drop off after the weeds, i was thinking of using method or waggler but unsure what diamiter line to use, also do i raise the feeder rod so after cast the line doesnt settle in the weeds, never fished a clear water pond so any help would be appreciated.

Warden

Site Supporter
TBH mate I would give it a miss, fish somewhere else,because if you can see the bottom then the fish sure as heck can see you,the other thing is if the water is gin clear it could be the fish are not feeding (which usually stirs up the bottom)for some reason in which case could be futile trying,other than that fish really light with small dia, lines and small light gauge hooks,as far away from you as possible.

Ricky24

Rich
Originally posted by armstrong1

been to look at a venue and the water is gin clear theres an instant steep drop to about 4ft then a run of weeds and another drop off after the weeds, i was thinking of using method or waggler but unsure what diamiter line to use, also do i raise the feeder rod so after cast the line doesnt settle in the weeds, never fished a clear water pond so any help would be appreciated.

I know a lot of ponds in Nottingham area where is it your looking to fish?

Matt.Newark

Fish the pole, long with light lines, a size 20 hook and single maggot to start and see what you catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.