Fishing in Bromley

ev4dawin

Hi all, as in my previous thread I have posted, I'm new here. Living in the Bromley area, there really isn't much places to go. Does anyone know of any places around the area? I'm open to all suggestions.

Many thanks, Evan

Pompous git

Site Supporter
You are not too far away from Cray lakes near Ruxley, superb waters. Was a member of the Orpington club for some years when
I lived in the smoke.

Said club has stretches of the upper Medway and Eden at Penshurst, probably the best bit of river fishing in Kent, again superb.

Probably a waiting list which although is no use to you now but get on it.

ev4dawin

Ah ok thank you for the response. I'm not really into specimen carping, so I'm more looking for lakes with a decent stocking of single to double figure fish. Thank you for the suggestion thought it is very much appreciated.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Bromley & District have some nice waters but a waiting list:

Rookery Lake has a waiting list too:

and Oakley Road is a day ticket water that a chap on an FB group I’m a member of raves about:

There’s also Dartford & District if you’re prepared to travel a bit:

ev4dawin

Bromley & District have some nice waters but a waiting list:

Rookery Lake has a waiting list too:

and Oakley Road is a day ticket water that a chap on an FB group I’m a member of raves about:

There’s also Dartford & District if you’re prepared to travel a bit:

I have heard of Oakley and also the ddaps group. I've sent an email to the manager and he got back to me saying there is a lake that is heavily stocked. I have no idea how big the lake is though :/.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I’m not sure either - never fished it but have read good reports on FB about it during the winter so I imagine it’ll fish it’s socks off in warm weather.

ev4dawin

Ah yes that's the name of it. It's called Baldwins Lake, and its part of a 4 or 5 lake complex controlled by the ddaps. It's supposedly really good and you don't need to be a member or anything if I recall. Just show up and pay for your ticket.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Ah yes that's the name of it. It's called Baldwins Lake, and its part of a 4 or 5 lake complex controlled by the ddaps. It's supposedly really good and you don't need to be a member or anything if I recall. Just show up and pay for your ticket.
Dont know that one, I do know the Brooklands Lake at the bottom of Princes Road next to the big Homebase which looks tidy.

Darenth Fishing complex just up the road looks like it might be worth investigating too.

ev4dawin

YES! I have heard of Darenth and again that's another place I am eager to fish. I would probably go on the clubpond as it says here. Have you or anyone else ever had a go here? I find t hard to find information on a specific lake sometimes. Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 08.12.43.png

Chervil

Site Supporter
Never fished it, but drive past this place whenever I visit my sister in law. On the A21 junction with A233 (Oakley Rd) Bromley

ev4dawin

Never fished it, but drive past this place whenever I visit my sister in law. On the A21 junction with A233 (Oakley Rd) Bromley

Yes I went past this a few weeks ago, looks a promising spot.

violator

You also have keston ponds on your doorstep, and Gabriels fishery is only about half hour drive from Bromley

Tm2020

YES! I have heard of Darenth and again that's another place I am eager to fish. I would probably go on the clubpond as it says here. Have you or anyone else ever had a go here? I find t hard to find information on a specific lake sometimes. Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 08.12.43.png
I have fished a fair few lakes at Darenth, I was there yesterday and the club pond was covered in weed! I have been fishing Chapel lake recently and have caught plenty of F1'S, Bream and a few tench. Fish on the 01st peg on either side of the lake they are really good. I use Expander Pellets on a 10m pole or a Method feeder with an 8mm wafter.

ev4dawin

I have fished a fair few lakes at Darenth, I was there yesterday and the club pond was covered in weed! I have been fishing Chapel lake recently and have caught plenty of F1'S, Bream and a few tench. Fish on the 01st peg on either side of the lake they are really good. I use Expander Pellets on a 10m pole or a Method feeder with an 8mm wafter.
Appreciate that a lot mate. Cheers!

ev4dawin

Just spent the day at Darenth on the Club pond.. the weed on the surface has pretty much cleared. The fish were certainly playing ball! Had plenty of F1'S and some big bream...
Were you fishing shallow or on the bottom?

Tm2020

Were you fishing shallow or on the bottom

Were you fishing shallow or on the bottom?
I was fishing on the bottom, on the peg directly in line with the gate when you enter the lake. I used 4mm pellets as feed and 6mm expander on the hook. I fished at 8 meters on a pole and also chucked a method feeder with a Bandum wafter and micro pellets when the pole line needed a rest.

Simon1406

Had some great days at Darenth, Willow and chapel lakes always produced a great days sport.