Fishing in Barnstaple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I am looking for info on any coarse fishing in the Barnstaple/Croyde bay area of north Devon I am going down next sat for a week and would value any recommendations, if there are any maggot drowners in that area who fancy meeting up let me know

Dai Fish

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Da, Sorry, the fishing south of London (you've just made me think and discover this)and West of Coventry is a total missing ares for me!.

But come on lads!
Somebody must have fished in Devon!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dai Fish,

I have managed to dig this out for you:

Barnstaple (Devon). Bass and mullet in estuary. Salmon, trout, peal, roach and dace. Salmon best March, April, May; peal July, August. Barnstaple and Dist AA has water immediately below New Bridge (d/s of this, 300 yds free water), on Yeo (trout and sea trout), and on pond at Lake Venn (carp, tench, bream, rudd, perch). Visitors' tickets for salmon, trout and coarse fisheries from local tackle shop or Hon Sec. Visitors may become assn members which entitles them to coarse fishing in ponds (Mon-Fri only). Tickets limited and not weekends or Bank Holidays. Riverton House and Lakes, Swimbridge, EX32 0QX, tel: 01271 830009, has coarse fishing on two 2 acre lakes, carp, bream, tench, roach, perch, rudd. Night fishing by prior arrangement. Dt 4.50, evening 3.50,
2. Self-catering cottages on site. Braunton, has coarse fishing with carp over 20lbs. Dt 3. Tel: 01271 812414. Self catering and B & B. C L and Mrs Hartnell, Little Bray House, Brayford, have about 1m (both banks) of Bray; small trout only; dt 2. For other trout fishing see tributary Yeo. East and West Lyns, Badgeworthy Water and Heddon are accessible, as well as fishing on Wistlandpound and Slade Reservoirs. Tackle shop: The Kingfisher, 22 Castle St, supplies local tickets and information.

If it helps

Dave

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

i can recommend oaktree fishery near barnstaple, i have fished it a few times while visiting my sis there,it has three pools,one a speci pool with carp to 28,tench to 9,and cats (one cat) to 15lbs,also has two match pools one stuffed with small (1lbs) carp and the other with carp to 8lbs,plus tench ,roach and skimmers.

being from ireland i dont have much experience of commercial fisheries but i was very impressed with this one.

e mail me if you are interested and ill try to dig out more info.if you contact the kingfisher tackle shop in barnstaple they will put you right also.

good luck
adam

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Adam thanks that sounds just like the sort of place I am after

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.