Fishing holidays

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Never been but docklow pools looks near the ultimate to me, lakes, rivers, pubs, lodges, cottages all in a nice neck of the woods what more could you want. Just the price and availabilty thats stopped me going each time I've looked into it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
When I was a kid every Easter we would go to white acres in Newquay, with what’s going on now I doubt I’ll be go to the US like we had booked.

What other types of places are there along with white acres that have a ton of lakes and also offer something for none fishing family members to do, it was always good with it being close to Newquay as it offered alternatives for none fishers
I had a great time a few years ago on a canal ,we had a large barge with everything you needed on board ,we did a bit of boating ,sight seeing ,pubing and some lovely fishing . The women also went to towns a few times for the day for a meal and shopping . It was wooton woe or something like that . Thoughrouly enjoyed it . There are many canals up and down the country ,well worth a try for a change of holiday

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Did a river boat holiday as a kid once which was great. Was planning on doing one with some mates September time but I doubt circumstances will allow that now so maybe next year.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Never been but docklow pools looks near the ultimate to me, lakes, rivers, pubs, lodges, cottages all in a nice neck of the woods what more could you want. Just the price and availabilty thats stopped me going each time I've looked into it.
Last time I looked, the B&B for a week was about £250 I may be wrong, but that's not a bad deal and I tell you what the brekky is a beast... (y) :love:

spc123

Ian Heap’s Holgarth Farm in Pembrokeshire is great

Holiday cottages, 3 lakes, lovely setting and plenty of hints and tips

Narbeth is the nearest town a few miles away and Tenby, St David’s,beaches etc about 30 mins

holiday cottages very close to the lakes so anyone who doesn’t want to fish can simply chill

bluemack

Site Supporter
I had a great time a few years ago on a canal ,we had a large barge with everything you needed on board ,we did a bit of boating ,sight seeing ,pubing and some lovely fishing . The women also went to towns a few times for the day for a meal and shopping . It was wooton woe or something like that . Thoughrouly enjoyed it . There are many canals up and down the country ,well worth a try for a change of holiday
Wooton wawen mate ,near Henley in Arden (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah arry the longer you go the better value it is but long weekends seem a bit pricey at decent times of year. Will do it some day though.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
To be honest a lot of the places I fancy are reasonably local. Kingsbury Water Park is one though don't think there's much else there besides fishing and not much of a campsite.

JAMESH

Anglers Paradise? Any maggotdrowners been? Considering booking for next year, pole and carp / F1 style commercials like Whiteacres don’t float my boat.
Been going to Anglers Paradise for years, there are lots of lakes to suit all levels of experience and plenty of staff on hand to help and advise you.

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
Burgh le marsh is a nice place just outside of Skegness. Plenty of fishing places really close for all types of fishing. About 15 of us used to go every year. This year it's just me and the other half. Definitely worth a look and big saving on staying on some waters