Fishing holiday

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have stayed at the Bridge inn at lenwade a few times they have a private stretch of the Wensum plus 2 private lakes, there is also lots of other good fishing on the doorstep. The rates are/were reasonable good beer and good

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
We go the broads each year and stay at Wroxham. the best tackle shop is at Ludham bridge, James is a top bloke and will sort you out. We get a weekly ticket from Norwich anglers and fish their stretches of the river. Have you thought of a caravan park? theres a few knocking about.
Used to go wroxham as a kid in the October half terms. Stayed in houses on the water in the backwaters/marinas/boatyards whatever you want call them fishing from the gardens. Funny fishing used to fish well at randoms times of day but not others but when it was on it was really good, used to fill a keepnet regularly. Quality fish as well particularly the roach and perch ?

feldri

Site Supporter
Me and my cousin are hoping to do a Cat fishing week in Spain, when we can Next year, yer more than welcome to join us mate. Fly from yer chosen airport we will meet ya in Barcelona.

Thanks for the offer Wisey, but passport ran out 12 years ago and can't be bothered to get a new one. Catfish interest me less than carp. :) Looking for somewhere with bream, tench and other silver fish.

feldri

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the replies lads, @neil fallows , good idea, never thought of caravan parks, but then again, if they have a lake/pond, aren't they always stuffed full of carp?. Will try a bit of surfing and see if I can find any.

feldri

Site Supporter
Anyone been to Tattershall lakes in Lincolnshire? Looks pretty good from the web pictures.

H T B

Site Supporter
Id be well up for a little Get away in there mate, we could meet up and talk all theings Elland Road and St Andrews (y)
Jeez, that would be depressing. Hope the fish don’t hear you!

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norfolk Broads Country Park​

Potter Heigham , Norfolk​

This is by all the rivers and a tackle shop

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Avoid riverside chalets at Potter Heighham. Good fishing but you have to park in Lathams car park which can be 1/2mile walk to chalet with your kit and the lawn and the path back becomes river if it's a really high tide.