fishing holiday in norfolk

pagie

Site Supporter
Has anyone any suggestions for fishing on the rivers or the broads, thinking of a weeks fishing for bream and roach next month any ideas welcome

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Hire a boat from Richardsons and enjoy the Whole Broads as well as all the fishing ya want (y) i was there last year at this very time loved it.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
We jave camped at cobble acre lakes. That was ok. Not far from wroxham. Would recommend a trip to cold harbour fishing from the bank for skimmers and Coltishall common for roach

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Used to go to wroxham regularly as a kid, the Bure used to fish really well for roach, skimmers, perch, gudgeon, Ruffe and of course there’s the pike. Believe it’s still good now. Quite a nice towns with some really nice villages around and not far from

In more recent years I’ve been to cobbleacres where there’s one lovely lake, a couple decent ones and a couple not so good. Had all sorts there roach, Rudd, Bream, ide, crucian, carp, Ruffe etc. Easy access to some nice villages and Norwich as well.

Then last year I fished the Waveney on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Good fishing for loads of species roach, Rudd, Dace, skimmers, chub, gudgeon pike etc. Some nice towns and villages in the area and still not far from bigger places like Norwich and Ipswich.

I only missed being born in Norfolk by a couple years, I could have been typing this with an extra thumb ;)

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Just come back from a holiday near Langley and as well as a stunning pool next to our accomodation I also fished the river (Yare?) that was 5 mins down the track.

Picked up a day ticket for the stretch around peg 140 and it was super fun picking up roach and skimmers running a stick float through with maggot & caster & sloppy groundbait. Think I benefitted from the fact there had been matches on that stretch on the preceding Saturday and Sunday.

Aching to go back again.

Karl

rudd

Site Supporter
Tips:
Fish early morning or in the evening on the rivers to avoid boat traffic.
Hire a dingy - can fish from that and get to quiet spots.
Target bream on the broads from the dingy at night.
Bait from the maggot machines is awful - last resort (and expensive).
Every time you see a Norwich shirt - shout - up the town.

Dropon

If you are near Ludham, which is handily placed for Cold Harbour on the Thorne o St Benets on the Bure. Call into AJB angling right next to Ludham bridge. Very good local knowledge, well stocked shop and James is a nice helpful young man. Well recommended.

pagie

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the replies very helpful,l was hoping the boat traffic will have eased up in September will check ludham

Dropon

Thanks for all the replies very helpful,l was hoping the boat traffic will have eased up in September will check ludham
Don’t worry about the boat traffic, it doesn’t bother the fishing, only a problem if you are using feeder tactics .St Benets abbey stretch on the Bure is good for bream. Good parking available and in past years Norwich & district have usually sold books at cheaper rate i September. Again see James at AJB angling at Ludham bridge . Ps his is the best bait around that area. Also bit of free fishing on River Ant right near bridge. I have no connection with AJB other than a very satisfied customer. If I can be of more use please ask.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Another thumbs up for AJB angling, place is {sort of} tardis like. Good quality maggots, Wroxham angling ditto.

I have fished next to the bridge on occasions, so close I have even had boats bash into my keepnet. They say sorry and I say good
morning and everyone is happy, not interested in a boating holiday myself but they always seem to enjoy themselves.

Gorro

Hello everyone, first post from a longtime lurker. September is a wise choice as the fishing is usually at its best then. The boat traffic has been mega busy since lockdown lifted with all the yards fully booked including day boats. Boat traffic doesn't bother the fish and you will soon get used to it if it is busy. I fish the Broads rivers regularly. If you need any help feel free to ask.

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Seeing as the Norfolk folk seem to all be here. Can someone recommend a location for a weekend pike fishing in October? Ideally a boat but bank fishing also considered

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
I think Hickling Broad has some good pike, boat only fishing from memory.

davylad

Site Supporter
I used to fish for roach in Beccles, and almost always hooked a pike or two every session.