Fishing holiday advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
Hi guys,

I'm planning a fishing holiday this summer with the father. Anyone know of any decent venues in the south west? I'm looking for something with natural lakes, lots of tench and bream and easy access(I have CFS). Self catering log cabin type of thing would be ideal.

Cheers me dears,

Deano

AlanP

'EastAngler'
I was looking a few weeks ago for somewhere around the Cornwall/Devon area. I used Google and quite a few came up including www.trevella.co.uk (caravans, but no cabins as far as I can remember). There were some log cabin ones there though.

Good luck, hope you enjoy yourselves and catch a few.

AlanP

Beebs

Angler's Paradise is in Devon (I think). Also isn't White Acres down that way? Haven't been to either, but try putting them into Google search engine and see what they throw up. [:)]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trevella looks good, Ray has seen the site, and is going there sometime in the near future.

WhiteAcres is a match mans paradise but after going there for 15 years they certainly won't see me again. I just don't feel they want the pleasure angler there.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

The23rdMan

Armchair Angler
Cheers guys,

Trevella looks pretty funky but I think we've settled for a place called Netley Hall in Shropshire. I know, nowhere near devon/cornwall, but old estate lakes full of tench and almost no restrictions sounds as close to paradise as I'm gonna get with Charisma Carpenter visiting me in leather[;)]

All I need now is some tackle!

Do be doooo,

Deano

TINY

Tiny
Netley Hall is a crackin place,that`s all i`m saying

Andy.

lewis

Riverton Lakes NR Barnstable is a great place you can drive to the lakes, and they have great accomodation, its free fishing for guest, I spent a week there with my family.

s lewis

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
has anybody been to this trevella place?????
what is it really like. website looks really nice.
thanks to you guys. i would love to try out a fishing holiday.never done 1 before.

poleroller2003
chris the name fish the game

ray

hiya all, i am off there in a few weeks, whilst on holiday last year we went for a walk around, the place is immaculate.

all pegs on the lakes were spotless, not one bit of litter, they rest of the site was the same, well maintained, clean, tidy, the caravans seem to be all new ones, there does not seem to be a lot of static caravans so i'm hoping it will be fairly quite.

the lakes themselves look very good, the banks are very clean and tidy as are the pegs.

there are plenty of features in each lake (lillys/reeds etc)

i will do a report when i get back.

later chaps
ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Look forward to the report Ray,

The only thing that's putting us off is the journey, last time we went to Devon, let alone Cornwall, in the school holidays it took 11 hours.

In the Summer we normally go to France with Eurocamp (or similar). We can get to one of their mid-France sites in that length of time, and the cost is not much different.

Still, you never know, Cornwall might be back on the list one year, and where better than somewhere that has fishing onsite.

AlanP

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ray

I have booked that week off so will be travelling down, with tent, for a few days of fishing.

see you soon.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

ray

look forward to it mate, beer will be cold, company will be good, dunno about the fishing but who cares. [;)]

later mate
ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

MALC

Hi all funny you should mention Trevella as when we were at White Acres in November 2001 this picture was taken by the entrance to the site [;)]

Then when we were back at WA in May 2002 we had another look and were loking to book up for a week later this year as IMO WA just ain't for me and my family.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.