Fishing for barbel on the River Wye at Bredwardine

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If itā€™s not looking likely for barbel Iā€™d go at it on the float, probably get mostly dace but will get chub and trout mixed in and the odd grayling.

genesis

Canis Manducare Canis
Site Supporter
@genesis what were the final results then?
Well mate we just had four chub on the first day which turned out to be good considering how low the river was and how hot it was. There were eleven other anglers on the private stretch from the pub and three on the day ticket stretch and not one had any chub or barbel. Anyway back to the pub at 7 and a shower and tea. All well organised and all social distancing in place. Afterwards all the anglers were sat in the beer garden talking tactics over a few jars of Butty Bach, a local brew. So up on Monday for breakfast and then out to the motor to go fishing. Sadly somehow my mates gearbox on his disco was jammed solid so a call out to the recovery boys. Lunchtime and the disco was removed but not allowed to take passengers. So I had to get one of my fitters to drive down to collect us and take us home. A round trip of 9 hours. And that is how the disaster unfolded :(