Fishing Boots

Oldmech

Site Supporter
Anybody used the "Muckster" boots? I currently use the Skeetex in winter but having arthritic knees they are a swine to get on and off. I had some Preston neoprene pull on ankle boots which were brilliant but not available now so wondered if the Mucksters were warm, they are advertised as waterproof but no mention of being thermal lined

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
I currently use the Skeetex in winter but having arthritic knees they are a swine to get on and off.
Yes you are right. but I found that when my inners needed replacing I replaced them with the next size bigger and find they are now easier then before . Not perfect but better and less of a struggle.

Gwillim

Depends on whether you want a wellie type boot or just a boot, have similar problems with my knees and so my Skeetex are currently languishing in a plastic box, now wear Hi-Tec snow boots but they look more like walking boots, they are waterproof and insulated with thinsulate material so toasty warm in the coldest of temps, got them originally for walking the dog and wanted something waterproof, warm and that also had a good grip for when it got icy/snowy its like wearing a pair of tractors on your feet .......... can go anywhere in them lol

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
You mean these one's ?
Hi-Tec 37
Mens Snow Peak 200 WP-M Snow Peak 200 Wp-m

Fishy Medic

I normally look out for discounts on my muckboots. Paid about £50 for a pair last black friday I think. Had skeetex in past but I found them too weird to walk in any distance.

Gwillim

Attachments

• boot1.jpg
    boot1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 7
  • boot2.jpg
    boot2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
  • boot3.jpg
    boot3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17
  • boot4.jpg
    boot4.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 15
  • boot5.jpg
    boot5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8

Gwillim

Apologies didn't look at what sizes were available :(

Think they may actually be discontinued now looking at things but they do similar models which would be equally as good I would imagine.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
I've been using the Karrimor Snowfur boots for years, brilliant grip even through the top slop that winter riverbanks spew out, nice warm toasty toes due to the Thinsulate inner linings, only one pair of thin socks needed even through the worst of winter weather and I fish all through even in the snow ice and frosts, and they're waterproof

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Well I was thinking of updating my winter boots as I have Groundwork boots from Woolworths a little while ago :rolleyes::giggle: but just walked the dogs in them and they are still warm and dry so have changed my mind. ?