Fishing Barrows

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I have one of these i dont use anymore i have changed the wheels to solid rubber though.........if you want it FOC you can have it COLLECTION ONLY even throw in the bungee straps. I can leave it in the garden and you can take it if you let me know when and if you want it
wychwood-carp-barrow-twin-wheel-p1158-2201_image.jpg
Wow, that's incredibly kind of you. Whereabouts are you?

johnfranks

Site Supporter
Single wheel carp barrows are better all round as they are far easy to manoeuvre on all manner of ground. I use the carp porter porterlite 2 & it’s so much easier to use than a match barrow. The front extends so you put your box at the front over the wheel, the rest of your gear behind & rod holdall length ways & all the weight is over the front wheel. You are literally just balancing the barrow when you are pushing it, there is no weight on your arms. I’ve got the 2 wheel Map barrow & your arms are taking all the weight & unless the ground is flat, it’s a nightmare to push.
Hi, how wide is it please? Was wandering if my Rive ST will sit on it with legs over either side. I have a MAP like you and its a nightmare to push. Bent arms taking the weight

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
Hi, how wide is it please? Was wandering if my Rive ST will sit on it with legs over either side. I have a MAP like you and its a nightmare to push. Bent arms taking the weight
It’s 50cm wide. I’ve got the Matrix S36 & that fits comfortably over the frame with the legs either side. It’s also lighter than the Map & breaks down into a compact size

Deejay8

Site Supporter
You could do worse than having a look at at Penrose Barrow Platforms on line. I’ve had one of their platforms for about 10 years now & it’s still going strong. Great company to deal with too with plenty of accessories available.
I'm going to get one of these when I am earning again. They look like a good bit of kit, and good value too. I need a platform to put my old Shakespeare seat box on, and the barrow platform has the advantage of being both a barrow and a platform.