Fishing Barrow

Craig1962

I thought that since I'm accumulating more and more tackle and I'm not getting any younger I thought id treat myself to a barrow. I thought anything up to about £100. Anybody got any suggestions. I've been looking at CARPZILLA Fishing Trolley 2 Pneumatic Wheel Folding Barrow Cart with Bag Adjust. Don't know if anyone has got one. Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

Truly

Site Supporter
With similar considerations to the OP, I bought a Penrose. You can get a single wheeled for £125. So versatile and well made, with lots of possible configurations. You can buy extra wheels, up to four, when the cash situation allows. Recently there have been two advertised on FB Market Place, so worth a look too.

Truly

Site Supporter
This one may be suitable £45 used. Located in Leeds

Craig1962

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm looking for one with fold down sides if possible because I use a nice comfy fishing chair and also thinking of getting a box so being able to put sides up or down would be handy. I've got a trolley at moment so there's no rush but it tends to pull my back with being a little too low
Thanks Again

smiffy

Site Supporter
Thanks for all the good advice. I'm looking for one with fold down sides if possible because I use a nice comfy fishing chair and also thinking of getting a box so being able to put sides up or down would be handy. I've got a trolley at moment so there's no rush but it tends to pull my back with being a little too low
Thanks Again
I’m a barrow user but depending on the terrain you’re pushing over it can be very hard work.
There’s an old saying “ You never see an horse pushing a cart”. They’re fine on well worn,flattish ground but in mud, through cow fields and such they can take a toll on your back. I’ve carried before rather than use my barrow.
Get the biggest wheel possible.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I’m a barrow user but depending on the terrain you’re pushing over it can be very hard work.
There’s an old saying “ You never see an horse pushing a cart”. They’re fine on well worn,flattish ground but in mud, through cow fields and such they can take a toll on your back. I’ve carried before rather than use my barrow.
Get the biggest wheel possible.
I’ll half agree with this ... but a Human isn’t a horse.
Surely the better example is that you don’t see a builder pulling a trolley full of sand etc?

IMO (having only used a single wheel barrow in anger) ...
1. four wheel is best for max load carrying on smooth, nearly level paths
2. single (large) wheel is best for uneven ,sloping and moderate uphill.
3. yes ... some conditions render any wheeled device unusable

smiffy

Site Supporter
I’ll half agree with this ... but a Human isn’t a horse.
Surely the better example is that you don’t see a builder pulling a trolley full of sand etc?

IMO (having only used a single wheel barrow in anger) ...
1. four wheel is best for max load carrying on smooth, nearly level paths
2. single (large) wheel is best for uneven ,sloping and moderate uphill.
3. yes ... some conditions render any wheeled device unusable
After ribbing my mate for getting a trolley it was on the hill at Danesford/Quatford, my memory fails me, as he breezed past us that he uttered the words “ Never see an orse pushin a cart”. I even went out and got myself a trolley. It was then I found out in later years I couldn’t fit everything on and, despite a wide wheel base, they had a tendency to tip over, which meant I pushed it most of the time anyway.
So, back to the barrow, when on a national on the Huntspill, after my wheel went down the umpteenth cow foothole, I chucked the barrow in a hedge and carried my gear the rest of the way. Nearly didn’t bother getting it on the way back to the coach😂