Fishing at Tingrith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison

Hi

We are hoping to fish at Tingrith (Toddington) this Saturday. Does anyone have any tips re. baits to take with us. We always take maggots, paste, luncheon meat and corn. Also any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks[:D]

Alison

MALC

Hi Alison,

Can't help with this 1.
Nick (Polepot) is the man for Tingrith as it's his local water and he fishes it regular.

Sure he will post details if he logs on later.

Have a good time.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

Steve

Hi Alison,
I fished Tingrith last Monday, I assume you mean the day ticket water rather than the Vauxhall club water.

The fishing has slowed down a little as you would expect but there are still some good fish to be had.

At the moment the third lake is fishing best for the larger fish.
As you walk to the lake walk down the left hand side of it to the part where it narrows, it almost looks like a river.

If you look on the opposite bank a little further on you will see a lot of brambles and a makeshift barrier. If you fish past that, there is obviously no padestrian traffic on the far side so its a good place to fish.

There is a section of old reeds on the far bank approx 50 mtrs long, you need to fish as tight against the reeds as you can. I had 4 carp in the morning between 8 - 12 lbs and lost 2 others that were considerably larger.

I fished sweetcorn on a hair rig with a cage feeder, (no fixed rigs allowed) with a regular catapault full of micro trout pellets after each cast. The problem is if you fail to get within about 6" of the reeds you will not get a bite. At one point I was casting my feeder on to the far bank walking round and dropping it into position.

They are getting a little fussy so you will need to fish fairly light. If it warms up later in the day they will start to take luncheon meat. In the past I have had good catches using custard paste and a paste made from ground trout pellets.

In the afternoon things dried up a bit so I moved to the second lake close to the reeds near to lake 3.

I didn't manage to land any big fish but the sport on maggot fishing on the drop using a waggler was great fun. I had roach upto 1lb and some lovel perch the biggest of which was just under 2lb. You will need to feed very regular though.

The first lake is very heavily fished, I tend not to fish that but there are a lot of fish in it, it depends on the day with that one.

In case you don't know already; it opens at 7:00, has a tackle/bait shop where you pay prior to setting up, a nice cafe for food and hot drinks and a toilet.

Hope that helps

Tight Lines[:)]

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

Steve

Sorry Alison, I forgot to mention that you mostly fish from platforms and the water is quite deep. Not so much of a problem if you floatfish but if you ledger you will need a long bank stick or take a "G" cramp with you to clamp your front stick to the platform, very useful if you use a bite alarm.

If you just use a quiver or swing tip you can get away with using the cheap thin bank sticks and force them in between the planks on the platform......Tight Lines.

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.