Fishing around Doncaster

Neontrifle

I'm a returner to mixed bag pleasure fishing after many years of Carp fishing. I've fished a few lakes but dont really like commercials. I fancy fishing a canal or lakes that aren't over stocked with f1's. I've never fished a canal so would love to give them a try although I haven't got a pole. Can anyone recommend decent places in and around Doncaster please? I've heard talk about the new juction canal but I've no idea of exact locations or how to fish it.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Hi neontrifle, if you don't fancy commercials why don't you try fishing rivers might make a pleasant change for you, you have the river Trent and river Don on your doorstep both good for a mixed bag of roach dace chub and the mighty barbel which is an experience in itself the scenery and wildlife is much more pleasant and day tickets available but if you want to join a club most are very reasonably priced don't know if you have tried river fishing before but if not you may be pleasantly surprised.

baldpaul

Site Supporter
You’re spoilt for choice mate!. Have a look at the DDAA website and Facebook pages, the book is £30 and gives you access to miles of prime canal and river fishing.?

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Little bit up the road, but you could try Swanlands at Thorne, phone Alan. Try to get on the 1st pond some nice Crucians, roach, tench and Carp. Whislt a commercial very nice setting and undervalued somewhat.

Lopex

Hi neontrifle, if you don't fancy commercials why don't you try fishing rivers might make a pleasant change for you, you have the river Trent and river Don on your doorstep both good for a mixed bag of roach dace chub and the mighty barbel which is an experience in itself the scenery and wildlife is much more pleasant and day tickets available but if you want to join a club most are very reasonably priced don't know if you have tried river fishing before but if not you may be pleasantly surprised.
To be honest, I would love to have a go on rivers but wouldn’t have a clue about locations or where to start. I’m rather embarrassed to say I’ve never trotted a float in my life.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
To be honest I only fish for barbel these days and I'm part of the two rod up in the air brigade and if I connect the rewards can be great especially if a suspected pb is on the other end and just being on the bank is a pure pleasure, my cousin will fish the stick float or waggler many a time and to watch him put a float through a swim is an education in itself but everyone to his own, where are you situated?

Neontrifle

To be honest I only fish for barbel these days and I'm part of the two rod up in the air brigade and if I connect the rewards can be great especially if a suspected pb is on the other end and just being on the bank is a pure pleasure, my cousin will fish the stick float or waggler many a time and to watch him put a float through a swim is an education in itself but everyone to his own, where are you situated?
Catching a barbel would be a first for me......Im in Doncaster

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There's Barbel in the river Don if you fancy having a go for them and I'm almost sure that parts of the river are day ticket. No doubt someone will give better information on that.

biggsy

Site Supporter
I'm a returner to mixed bag pleasure fishing after many years of Carp fishing. I've fished a few lakes but dont really like commercials. I fancy fishing a canal or lakes that aren't over stocked with f1's. I've never fished a canal so would love to give them a try although I haven't got a pole. Can anyone recommend decent places in and around Doncaster please? I've heard talk about the new juction canal but I've no idea of exact locations or how to fish it.
Some good info here and day tickets are available on the bank Doncaster and district angling association DDAA fishing