Fishing Allstars

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
But, that's what streaky is like in real life mate...he really does have an amazing ability to giggle for the slightest reason and it becomes infectious!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Be it fishing or down the pub Macey strikes me as a great bloke to be in the company of as he comes across as just wanting to enjoy himself.
The key thing about him for me is the expression of happiness on his face when others catch well - that cannot be faked.
He is no mug when it comes to fishing either and his portfolio is very impressive.
Top bloke (y)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah seems a good bloke to me and a good fisherman as well. That was a lovely bit of river on it last night!

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
I watched the first 10 mins of the first one and turned over, shame as i was really looking forward to it too.

Rick

alsur

Site Supporter
It looked a really nice stretch of river anybody know how far upstream it is.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's on again tonight. Same time and channel. This time Chub at Throop Fishery, Carp in Dorset and some sea fishing at Portland Bill.

Fartacus

Site Supporter
Same as above watched it for 10 mins and turned it over it's rubbish fishing on TV

adz1189

Adam
Just my opinion, but I think Dean Macey is the closest thing we have on tele to John Wilson these days. I think he seems a top bloke! Traditional all rounder, makes fishing look fun to newcomers and properly enthusiastic! Importantly he has the traditional feel with a modern day appeal to new comers. The more he is on the box surely the better it is for raising the profile of fishing, no?

Last edited:

adz1189

Adam
It’s such a shame that we will probably never ever get shows like go fishing again, same goes for Matt Hayes and Mick Browns old rod race shows. We grew up on them and probably idolised them as kids! I know i did. I have an apprentice with me at the moment at work, been fishing a few years and loves it! But has never heard of John Wilson, Matt Hayes, Martin Bowler, Chris Yates and co. Watches all of the Korda stuff, knows all of the big name out and out Carp anglers on YouTube etc. I was gobsmacked that he hadn’t heard of or seen Go fishing and still be so interested in fishing. But I think it’s the way it’s going now, the fishing show stands of most tackle and bait firms are all 18-21 year old guys with house music bouncing on stalls that look like trendy gin bars lol! Think the same goes for the tv shows if it’s not got that 2019 feel to it then many of the teenage and early 20s guys aren’t drawn to it. Not to say all! But definitely many!

alsur

Site Supporter
It's not just Fishing TV that's changed but Fishing in general, some for the better some not. Going back to program I quite liked them especially the last two but would prefer if the presenters were a bit more reserved.