Fishing a massively uneven bottom on the pole. Tips?

rudd

Site Supporter
A normal float set up with with weight on the bottom does break some match rules, but what I was advising was that a genuine float leger isn’t designated as free running, many venues don’t allow anything behind the lead even for pleasure fishing.
Ah, got you - as the float is fixed.

rudd

Site Supporter
Oh yeah did I mention I also got electrocuted by an electric fence?

That was the icing on the cake 🤷‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:
Did you touch it with pole when shipping back.
Happened to me at a place called Bromswell in Suffolk.
A very powerfull anti otter / predator fence I didnt know was there until I put an extra section on, shipped back 14.5m and the pole touch it, I knew it was there then - came as one hell of a shock which really did hurt!

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Did you touch it with pole when shipping back.
Happened to me at a place called Bromswell in Suffolk.
A very powerfull anti otter / predator fence I didnt know was there until I put an extra section on, shipped back 14.5m and the pole touch it, I knew it was there then - came as one hell of a shock which really did hurt!
No mate, I needed to take a phone call and I also needed a leak so I decided I'd kill two birds with one stone. Took my leak, Took my phone call and leaned up against the fence post and wrapped me hand around the electric wire. It was also an Anti-Otter fence that got me, It caught me off guard pretty hard and I squealed down the phone like a pig then swore profusely for a solid 30 seconds. Thankfully it wasn't an important call, But it made for a good laugh for the other party.

That is hilarious though, These fences are lethal. If they can make a human squeal, I dread to think of the effect it'd have on an otter, or maybe I'm just a pansy. Regardless, I was VERY careful not to hit the fence with my pole section afterwards... :ROFLMAO:

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
In a cold February?
Been working for us. I recall fishing at caistor lakes with snow on the ground and catching skimmers and chub a foot deep. Far as my observations go fish like the warmest layer of water and that is not always the bottom, even in Feb. However, like anything, it is about finding what works for us individually.