Fishing 4 you scam???

Flattybasher

Total scam site. The prices are lower than what outlets and tackle shops can buy them in for.... I've been watching this site for a week now and as of 1am 20/7/21 it can no longer be reached. Really hope no one has lost any/ much money to these parasites.
It was a pretty convincing site though. Someone went to alot of trouble to mimic a legit company... and weirdly the thing that I recon stopped them from scamming more people was the stupidly low prices they advertised. People started to question the legitimacy of the site as oppose to jumping on the deal.
When you look at the addresses that business used as its stores and registered premises one is a border up terraced house and the belongs to a REAL tackle shop in Yeovil.
These guys are scum of the Earth.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And received the following reply...

Thank you for the notification.
We have informed the reseller about your complaint and he will investigate this issue. If we do not receive any update from them, we will suspend the domain after 2021-07-19 22:13:09 CEST and it will stop working
It looks like the domain has been suspended.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The website in question is and should not be confused with others of a similar name. At this moment in time it is still live.
It still is, I can view what they are selling, also contact address and number has not changed,

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
It gives the store address as 42 Chilswell Rd Oxford, and it's opening times, it's less than 10 minutes from me, would be interesting to see how they have a store in a house.

Flattybasher

Oh yes boys and girls.... they are back.... the exact same site, with the exact same scamming deals haha. But this time fishing4you.co.uk is now fishing2you.online
How do you report scam sites like this? I know they will just keep popping back up but I honestly believe that youngsters getting into hobby would spend hard earned pocket money and wages not realising that they are being scammed. Call me old fashioned but once I know how I'll keep looking for this prat and keep reporting him just to help protect the new interest from young anglers.
Any advice on how to report would be very much appreciated 👍
Tight lines fokes

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Properly taking the pee this time. 😡
Just a change of URL linked to the exact same site.
Just shows how little regulation there is and how easy it is to get round.😤🤬

I'm sure that @Dave will know the reporting procedure.

Flattybasher

Properly taking the pee this time. 😡
Just a change of URL linked to the exact same site.
Just shows how little regulation there is and how easy it is to get round.😤🤬

I'm sure that @Dave will know the reporting procedure.
I've reported it via the link that John sent over. Lime I say. We may know that the prices and set up isn't legitimate but youngsters and newcomers to the sport may not and they are the ones who will mostly fall into the scam trap. The sad thing is Peter, even if we get this one taken down it will pop up again and again. Lime you say there needs to be harder regulation in place. I'm no expert and wouldn't know how but there some very savy foke out there who will have have answer.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
If you go onto the fishing2you website and scroll down ,near the bottom of the page it ends up as fishing4u the same as before.
Same address in Oxford.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reported to the relevant domain registrar.

The domain fishing4you.online points to a website that is a scam site offering fishing tackle and angling equipment at far lower prices than other retailers with the aim of scamming buyers.
The same website was using the domain fishing4you.co.uk until their registrar, Openprovider.eu, suspended that domain on 19/07/2021
Many people have reported this domain and the website as a scam including several manufacturers whose products are being listed for sale.
Further information can be seen on our website forums here:

Regards,
Dave Webster
Administrator/Director
Maggotdrowning Ltd

Further to my previous abuse report, the domains fishing2you.online and fishing4you.online also point to the same website that is a scam site offering fishing tackle and angling equipment at far lower prices than other retailers with the aim of scamming buyers.
The same website was using the domain fishing4you.co.uk until their registrar, Openprovider.eu, suspended that domain on 19/07/2021
Many people have reported this domain and the website as a scam including several manufacturers whose products are being listed for sale.

Regards,
Dave Webster
Administrator/Director
Maggotdrowning Ltd

Further to my previous abuse reports, the domain fishing4you.live also points to the same website that is a scam site offering fishing tackle and angling equipment at far lower prices than other retailers with the aim of scamming buyers.

Regards,
Dave Webster
Administrator/Director
Maggotdrowning Ltd

Last edited: