Fishing 4 you scam???

spooky1966

Site Supporter
its been commented on here before if they are legit or not. The prices seem to good to be true so usually not. Be good to hear what happens though

scuttster

Site Supporter
Now looks like based in Oxford at least that's what I found
return address is still listed as yeovil.

website has Oxford written all over it but the map shows Grantham.

And supposedly they have a store though I'm not sure looking at street view the person living in the house would want people in to browse!

Hopefully you've not spent too much on there.

Always suspect when a website shows amazon pay and PayPal along side the usual card providers and when you look at the checkout pages amazon and PayPal disappear.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
return address is still listed as yeovil.

website has Oxford written all over it but the map shows Grantham.

And supposedly they have a store though I'm not sure looking at street view the person living in the house would want people in to browse!

Hopefully you've not spent too much on there.

Always suspect when a website shows amazon pay and PayPal along side the usual card providers and when you look at the checkout pages amazon and PayPal disappear.
Google Chilswell Rd, and map shows where it is in Oxford, I may drive down it tomorrow and see if any business there apart from a hotel.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Unless it’s very new there’s no businesses on chiswell road it’s just a residential area save for a couple bnbs. Not a place I’d expect a scamster to set up though as it’s quite a pricey area so unless they do well at scamming they’d struggle to afford to be there! Is just up the road from top tackle as well and I reckon Wayne would have something to say if a dodgy dealer set up on his doorstep.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Looks well dodgy. It's also been mentioned on a few other forums as a scam. And one carp tackle manufacturer has warned against buying from them. With an address in Oxford on a residential road, a map that lists to Grantham and a return address being a known shop in Yeovil, it very much looks like you've been had. Why didn't you stop and check before buying? It's something that I do with any new company I deal with. Put the details into Google and any complaints soon appear. I hope you haven't spent too much with them.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Unless it’s very new there’s no businesses on chiswell road it’s just a residential area save for a couple bnbs. Not a place I’d expect a scamster to set up though as it’s quite a pricey area so unless they do well at scamming they’d struggle to afford to be there! Is just up the road from top tackle as well and I reckon Wayne would have something to say if a dodgy dealer set up on his doorstep.
I will have a look, I want to check out Hinskey lake at same time. And if any spaces on front of top tackle call in there.
If not its a visit down the road to Go Outdoors.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I will have a look, I want to check out Hinskey lake at same time. And if any spaces on front of top tackle call in there.
If not its a visit down the road to Go Outdoors.
Hinksey lake is at the moment a bit of a dump but there are plans afoot to tidy it up and restock it so will be interesting to see if they come to fruition. I should think there’ll be space at top tackle in the week 👍🏻

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Hinksey lake is at the moment a bit of a dump but there are plans afoot to tidy it up and restock it so will be interesting to see if they come to fruition. I should think there’ll be space at top tackle in the week 👍🏻
I go past it on the way to town hoping there will be a space, not often there is, its down to hoping no customers in the shop. On the way back from town there has been a space now and then, but the traffic has been heavy either way, so trying to get across can be difficult.