FIshin shallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzgog

hi guys, was just wonderin the best set ups (rigs, elastics) for fishin shallow for carp 2-8lb?

thanx in advance

Mack

fish finder

callum
hi mate, would fish a kc carpa dibber float with 6lb line straight through and a 14 hook with 16 elastic.
how deep is the venue you plan on fishing? start by fishing about 1 third of its depth.

pole addict

As light an elastic as you think you can get away with.

Middy shock core 12-16 or grey hydro

rodring

Account Locked
second grey hydro though i prefer a float with a bristle than a dibber , if there's a chop on it makes the pellet behave unnaturally. .015 to a.13or .15 hook length tied to 16 or 14 guru qm hook with a banded hair set to fish anywhere from 4ft to12 inches. the hook length is for security in case something unusually big is hooked.

Fizzgog

Thanx guys, the venue is only shallow, 3ft tops
spoke to a few lads and they say go as light as u can elastic wise but i used preston 15H on sun (1st time fishin shallow) and only loast 1 fish
i was just wonderin about if i went lighter on elastic would ther be enuff "bolt rig" affect when a fish picks up the bait to hook it>?

Last edited:

batman

keep working the rig so that the pellet falls through the water naturally.[B)]
14's latex and a pull bung.

ChrisLeonard

malman slapper, 0.17 to a 6" 0.15 hooklength, bulk of 4 no10's directly under the float so the pellet falls naturally. size 16 b911 and either hair rig a guru band or just pierce the hook through it. 6mm pellet and feed the same. Try slapping the rig in either way straight after feeding. If your getting liners cut down on the feed or come shallower. I use grren hollow to a pulla bung and have had some right lumps no problemo!

Genus9

As Chris says try slapping the rig on the surface to fool the fish into thinking it's naturally hitting the water, bites using this method can be instant,

As for rigs I Mysell fish a bit lighter though, Preston PB2 Carp 4x10 or if it's a bit choppy 4x12 on 0.13 straight through and a Preston PR36 size 18 hook with a hair rigged Mossella Micro band,

For a typical match I'll have 3 4x10 and 3 4x12 shallow rigs set up,

2 at 12" deep, 2 at 18" deep and 2 at 2'6" deep, I use grey Hydro for most of the work,

Hatman

Drawbag ace
I prefer floats that have a hole through to thread the line through, such as Preston Black or Pink. J Range do one pretty much identical to the Black. This design reduces tangles from careless shipping out or rig slapping.

farrellwire

I use a 'BLOBB' float for fishing shallow (tangle free)I don't even use any shot,just line to 5lb about 18" deep on a 14 hair rigged band & using black 'hydro'.The trick to fishing up in the water in my eyes is to keep firing in 5 pellets every 20 secs,you would need to master holding your pole & using your catty at the same time & use you knee to strike on bites,hope this helps.[:T]

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
The set ups the guys are talking about all work, another trick......

cut back on the feed, just "tap" the water with the pole tip 4 -5 times, this imitates pellets being fed, drop the rig in the resultant ripples and hang on !

Had 76lb on Sat and NOT feeding but tapping bought better bite ratio.
just another string to your bow....

Status
Not open for further replies.