Fishface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkspawn

Yall think that fishin' is the limit. You should try some other fish related things such as raising fish and researching them.

I dare any of you to start raising and researchin the fish you catch.

Contact me.

You are now thinking that this is a trash forum but it is not.
Think about it. YOUR FISH. You raised them and fed them. This can be trickey and a hard job but worth while. Yoou all look at fishing as a pass time. Make it more of a personal research project to better your knowledge on your pass time.

Joy!

RSVP VIA EMAIL bjhkbowen@yahoo.com

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Bubba - if you can't be bothered to read replies on here ("RSVP VIA EMAIL bjhkbowen.....") then I surely can't be bothered to put much effort into this post.

And what makes you think that no one on here raises fish? Unless you are a lot older that I would guess from a somewhat arrogant first post, I had my first tank and was raising fish long before you were born.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I reckon if we did a straw poll the majority of posters at some time or another have kept fish whether it be in a fish tank, goldfish bowl or garden pond.
Myself - I've done all three plus worked in the fish farming industry both here and abroad raising everything where possible and researching where not [:)]

Even managed a Perch X Gudgeon Hybrid that survived for a day - accidently of coarse (sp)
If that had grown on it would have been an interesting addition to the food chain, a self sufficient fish [:D]

(I don't reply by by emails unless it's of a personal nature)

Welcome aboard Fred [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

joe1987

'Darwener'
I dont understand, are you giving us fish or just telling us off for not keeping them? I have kept many goldfish in the past but I'm not a great keeper of pets, I once had a guinea-pig called dopey, it was pretty cool but died of lonlyness after its brother snuffles(sister's pet) died. I am at the moment sort of looking after a fishery, not being paid but enjoying seeing people catch fish that I saw being put in having grown about 1lb.
I must say now that I did in the past drop the odd crisp packet or broken float, but I have the experience now of picking up all litter dropped on the fishery site and now carry a plastic bag with me to take litter home. So i kind of am looking after fish and researching them and I'm sure many other people do on here. We love our fish, we love our fishing!

Woah, perch gudgeon what would you call it? Percheon? Gurch? Bob??? Did it eat itself dave?

*)*Joey*(*

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Hey, don't dare accuse me of not looking after fish, i'll have you no i have owned 3 fish that have lived for seven years! SEVEN YEARS!!! who sed goldfish live a week? It's a fine art looking after goldfish, i gove them a balanced diet which includes bloodworm and daphnia aswell as fishfood. Im also making a pond this year and putting my fish in their aswell as puttin in others.

J.Tolley

Beebs

What was the point being made? That anglers are not as exciting as fishkeepers? Or fishkeeping is more important than angling? Or is it that anglers should spend more of their time researching fish than catching them? I don't see what it's got to do with fishing. Check the title - FISHING TALK.
Not a good way to open your account on a fishing forum - to gob off, slating the users.

Datafile3.asp

TINY

Tiny
Not a good way to start matey.I think if you went back on some of the postings you would find that quite a few of us on here have bred fish,reared and stocked and have quite a good knowledge of the fish industry.[;)]
If your first posting was meant to offend...congratulations!it worked.
If it wasn`t,try to word things a bit better[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Beebs

On reflection, I don't think we should have bothered rising to this one. A complete waste of time and effort getting wound up over this.

Some of you others can email him, me I can't be arsed.

Beebs

Actually, I should say thank you, my responses have taken me over 450 posts!!!! Whahey!!!!!

Datafile3.asp

Del-J

' Victor '
quote:Originally posted by beebs

Actually, I should say thank you, my responses have taken me over 450 posts!!!! Whahey!!!!!

Well done beebs. IMHO that is the only worthwhile thing about this err thread.[^] If it is worthy of the name.[:(!]

Del
victor_meldrew75.jpg

I DO believe it.

norm

buy yous lot are easily wound up

just take a deep breath and relax

1,2,3,4,5 there thats better isn't it

good start spawney lol not

Datafile3.asp

alan edmonds

''''the long and winding road that leads to your door''''

just a little song to cheer everyone up......yeah

reeeeeeeeeel emin ......Alan.....the only place I keep fish is in my keeeeeeeeepnet ..

''we all live in a yellow submatine a yell...........forget it

Apache

We seem to have quite a lot of strange/daft threads recently or is it me?

-------------------------
Tight Lines
Matt headbang.gif

DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
haa bless him didnt get a nice welcome like me yesterday,must watch me manners ha ha

ken neil

Darkspawn

Thanx fer the hate mail yall. I was just wondering what the big deal is. I guess I made the assumption that you guys were like all the other fishers I know and only cacth not raise. Sorry.

Apache

Accepted, but a less than glamorous entrance Darkspawn!

-------------------------
Tight Lines
Matt headbang.gif

DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

norm

i only catch not raise

why the hell would i want to raise fish i am raising 2 kids for god sake lol lol

Datafile3.asp

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hey Fred

try raising catfish or sturgeon/sterlets mate, they'll keep you so occupied you won't have time to fish believe me i've been there & done that.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

it wasn't me, i didn't do it, nobody saw me, nobody can prove anything.

TINY

Tiny
Only two kids Norm.....Try six.
Five girls and one boy.[;)]
And yes I have bought a telly now[:p]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Status
Not open for further replies.