Fishery Platforms

Backwoodsman

Site Supporter
Fishing platforms, when I started out fishing many moons ago, no such things as fishing platforms. You made the best of whatever bankside conditions occurred. However I do like platforms obviously makes life a lot easier.

Dropon

Looks of some of them knackered platforms someone is going to join the human plummet club.

All that gear shown on one peg, wonder if he traveled to the fishery on a push bike !

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I think we have got them about right at Wellingborough. 1.5 metres wide, not too far out over the water and the disabled platforms 3m wide. Made of recycled rot proof plastic so should last for decades. All credit to the lads on the working party that made them up and fitted them.

IMG_20191010_161209.jpg

IMG_20191010_083348.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think we have got them about right at Wellingborough. 1.5 metres wide, not too far out over the water and the disabled platforms 3m wide. Made of recycled rot proof plastic so should last for decades. All credit to the lads on the working party that made them up and fitted them.

IMG_20191010_161209.jpg

IMG_20191010_083348.jpg
Yeah that does look pretty good 👍🏻

G20

Site Supporter
My club has fitted the platforms with artificial grass from an old tennis court...............luxury.

I worry that when nature calls (and that is quite often) with a load of spectators watching me) what will I do....... (tongue in cheek)

Total

Site Supporter
My club has fitted the platforms with artificial grass from an old tennis court...............luxury.

I worry that when nature calls (and that is quite often) with a load of spectators watching me) what will I do....... (tongue in cheek)
Start serving/playing tennis from your platform?:unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO:

R0B

Fishing platforms, when I started out fishing many moons ago, no such things as fishing platforms. You made the best of whatever bankside conditions occurred. However I do like platforms obviously makes life a lot easier.
Yes and adjustable legs on boxes were pretty exclusive too, so we had to sit at all kinds of jaunty angles.
Now we have 6 legs and a footplate just to go on a level platform :LOL:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yes and adjustable legs on boxes were pretty exclusive too, so we had to sit at all kinds of jaunty angles.
Now we have 6 legs and a footplate just to go on a level platform :LOL:
I yearn for those days on rocky banks in Ireland, when you tried to get your Shakespeare box level. There weren't even Octoplus legs then & you had to pack stones under your box.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I yearn for those days on rocky banks in Ireland, when you tried to get your Shakespeare box level. There weren't even Octoplus legs then & you had to pack stones under your box.
The good old days. I still have a little fold up trenching shovel that I used to use for cutting a level spot on the steep banks of the lincs and fen drains.