Fishery Platforms

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
just been leafing through a few pages on facey, catching up with match reports etc

looking at the photos that are often attached to the reports etc

and wondering how the hell someone can either get up and move-go for a pee etc on some of the built platforms

with the modern style of Oil rig sized box, the platform is rammed full, and access on or off looks to be a nightmare for anyone that cant move like Olga Korbutt

add to that the plethora of add on bits for the said seatboxes its a wonder how you even get on the peg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
It is a struggle. Think I had about three slashes on Saturday at Lindholme.....I drink far too much coffee. Had to climb over all sorts.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
just been leafing through a few pages on facey, catching up with match reports etc

and wondering how the hell someone can either get up and move-go for a pee etc on some of the built platforms

with the modern style of Oil rig sized box, the platform is rammed full, and access on or off looks to be a nightmare for anyone that cant move like Olga Korbutt

add to that the plethora of add on bits for the said seatboxes its a wonder how you even get on the peg
Could not agree with you more Mick, I have often performed an Arab spring flick flack to go for a pee. It's really hard not to lose your cap.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Look at these beauties....

A114C7DF-3448-4545-9A49-C89484F47B82.jpeg
I know, I just know that I'm going to get shouted at but...........
What the hell does anyone need all of that gear for?
Dons flak jacket and tin helmet and gets down under cover

JayD

I don't fish 'commercial' type waters, and rarely have to fish from a platform, but do fish where footpaths run fairly close to the waters edge. Going for a pee can be a bit of a gamble. before you duck behind a bush, you have to look both ways to make sure that there's nobody near to surprise you. I sometimes take a very wide mouthed bottle with a screw top with me, just in case. You can discreetly 'do your stuff' without anyone noticing, especially if you use a bait apron or 'maggot bag'. The contents can be disposed of in an appropriate way after you pack up.

WARNING, Don't get it mixed up with your flask while concentrating hard on your float, or rod tip,

John.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I don't fish 'commercial' type waters, and rarely have to fish from a platform, but do fish where footpaths run fairly close to the waters edge. Going for a pee can be a bit of a gamble. before you duck behind a bush, you have to look both ways to make sure that there's nobody near to surprise you.
Yep that is very true some heavily walked and/or boated river and canal stretches can be a nightmare for having a pee! Definitely have to look both ways and gauge how long you’ve got before the next walker or boater gets close enough for it to be awkward 😅

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

Just wear water proof trousers 👖 and pee where you sit lol ,num 2 can be a problem for anyone down wind 😇😇😇

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I remember matches back in the day, was a trend for a while to fish a margin line under the next vacant platform. Some on rivers scare me rotten.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I like platforms that are built over the bank as it’s nice being clean and flat but I hate those over the water as they are awkward to manoeuvre on and just give the fish more snags to get under. It’s a rod buster if they go under your feet as well.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know, I just know that I'm going to get shouted at but...........
What the hell does anyone need all of that gear for?
Dons flak jacket and tin helmet and gets down under cover
That's not my peg........ far too tidy and not enough gear :)