Fishery Pellets

The Landlord

Site Supporter
When fisheries insist you buy their own feed pellets such as micros, are they normally coppens or skrettings?
Looking to do a bulk buy from a local supplier & wondering which would be best.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Fisheries use both. There is also a third type of pellet I have come across, whether made by a third manufacturer or just a different pellet from one of the major two I don't know (Shearsby Valley is one fishery that sell these as fishery own).

I much prefer Skrettings to Coppens. Coppens tend to go into a sticky, solid lump when soaked/wetted. Skrettings remain individual particles. The third type don't seem to take on water at all. or very slowly and for that reason I find them great for banding.

The stickyness of Coppens can be used to an advantage on the Method feeder and I think it is Jamie Hughes that recommends mixing the two brands in different proportions depending how you want the pellets to stick to the feeder.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Skrettings, they're currently around £35 for a 25kg sack plus postage from places like pure pellet or the pellet guys. You will have to shop around for delivery prices usually around £8.
Looking around fishingbaitworld do free delivery over £25 I think.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Cheers chaps. I'll be using these guys who do a click & collect service. As you say @carphauler, it's £35 for 25kg or you can get smaller quantities such as 5kg for £9. They're only 10 minutes from my house, a mate put me onto them ages ago but I completely forgot about them. Fed up of running out, only to find out the local tackle shops are closed.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
No delivery charge if you collect from park field farm in moels. Think it was £33 for 25kg last time I bought them.
Really? Didn't know they sold them in bulk. I'll be going there this week, they're the only place open for maggots at the moment.